The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Pet Insurance

becpeters

Registered
Reaction score
Who would people recommend for pet insurance and does any one know of the best policy for the best price? Just trying to have a shop around.....

M&S - very reasonable prices plus if the dog is under 9 (I think it is) you can get zero excess. Also you get a discount for using an M&S More Than card and discount for more than 2 pets. And they pay up very promptly. :)

I had this dilemma a couple of weeks ago and went for M & S they now do Zero excess for over nines as well :thumbsup:

Glad you asked - I need to arrange insurance for Jack, Blue and Hoshi too - I'll be checkiing M&s out on Monday. :thumbsup:

Hi

I have been with M&S for a while and had no problems at all. I have chosen to have the £50 excess because the premioms are lower and with two dogs every penny count. They were great when my GSD died and paid up with out any trouble for his huge vet bill.

But when I got my new pup and went to insure her the premium had practically trebled. I believe a lot of people had the same complaint so I looked around and she is with Tesco. So I have one dog with each

Wendy

I'm finding M&S has become very expensive although it does seem to be the best policy around. For a near comparison try Argos (Platinum).

Whatever you do, get a policy that covers conditions for life, not just the 12 months of the policy.

M&S and Argos are (I think) the only two that do this.

Also have a read through the Pet Insurance thread on FAQ where people have discussed the pros and cons of their policies in quite a lot of detail :- " you might avoid expensive mistakes (E&L anyone???!)

Last edited by a moderator:
~Helen~ said:
I'm finding M&S has become very expensive although it does seem to be the best policy around. For a near comparison try Argos (Platinum).
Whatever you do, get a policy that covers conditions for life, not just the 12 months of the policy.

M&S and Argos are (I think) the only two that do this.

Also have a read through the Pet Insurance thread on FAQ where people have discussed the pros and cons of their policies in quite a lot of detail :- " you might avoid expensive mistakes (E&L anyone???!)

................................................................................

After a bit of research chose Argos... which compared to many offered good value for money with regard whippets.

PhilX

Back