The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Parvo

TIGGERGOULD

Registered
Reaction score
there has been an outbreak of parvo in the area...[st day carharrack] also redruth camborne etc!!!

does anyone know of any more?

it has started on the traveller sites.

Local vets are advising people make sure their dogs boosters are up to date. I don't know if it is true but apparently a couple if dogs have died. I haven't heard anything about it starting with traveller's dogs, I know there is a site in Carharrack, but cases have been reported all over the place. they have in Bath and around Bristol too. I live at Scorrier, but have heard nothing around here.

bertha said:
Local vets are advising people make sure their dogs boosters are up to date. I don't know if it is true but apparently a couple if dogs have died. I haven't heard anything about it starting with traveller's dogs, I know there is a site in Carharrack, but cases have been reported all over the place. they have in Bath and around Bristol too. I live at Scorrier, but have heard nothing around here.
THERE HAS BEEN A CASE OF PARVO IN ST AGNES,

A VET IN CAMBORNE HAS THIS WEEK HAD TO PUT DOWN A LITTER OF PUPS.

THERE WAS A REPORT IN THE WEST BRITON THIS WEEK ABOUT LARGE CASES REPORTED IN ST DAY AND CARHARRACK.

That's dreadful, just goes to show how few dogs are boosted regularly.

I hope it dont reach here Bolton as i have 2,5 week old staffs and sashas litter,just gave my son Cliff an email he lives in Redruth.Just waiting on reply cos my partners daughter lives near there an their up tomorrow visiting,better email Micky cos he has his pup,and their visiting him,thanks for the information,out with the garlic,an old fella years ago said when you walk your dog and theres parvo about bathe the dogs paws in garlic water,dont know if it works,but i do it everytime theres a scare here,mind you i aint walking sasha but cats come in the back garden.Anyone with any ideas plz tell.

Living 200 yards from sites I have stopped walking my dogs until I feel it is safe.I heard it was another disease and not Parvo. Hope everyone is safe. Iresesponsible dog owners I call it. :rant:

parvo is also in exeter and in plymouth so our vets told us

Got my partners daughter comming on the 22nd,from St.Agnes,for a visit just for a few hours but i am scared.Seemingly there has been a litter of pups there that had to be put to rest.Bless them.Why can,t people just get their dogs injected it would make other owners lifes much easier.The local vet near us is doing vacanations for free to staffy owners only,why because of the amount of staffs.Nothing against staffies i have 2 six week old pups myself.What about the other dogs people have.By the way i will be paying for my vacanations on principle,if you can,t afford to keep the updates with your dogs dont have them, :huggles:

I live in Kingsbridge in S Devon and when I was at the vets again last week my vet asked if my boosters were up to date because there were a lot of cases around, he didn't say if they were local or not but I meet loads of people with their dogs that are not local while i'm out so I wouldn't take the risk.

twinkletoes dylan said:
I live in Kingsbridge in S Devon and when I was at the vets again last week my vet asked if my boosters were up to date because there were a lot of cases around, he didn't say if they were local or not but I meet loads of people with their dogs that are not local while i'm out so I wouldn't take the risk.

Hi

I live in an area near you, were the vets concerned South Moor Vets ?? Find it all very worrying as so many beaches are near to us....

staffygirl said:
Got my partners daughter comming on the 22nd,from St.Agnes,for a visit just for a few hours but i am scared.Seemingly there has been a litter of pups there that had to be put to rest.Bless them.Why can,t people just get their dogs injected it would make other owners lifes much easier.The local vet near us is doing vacanations for free to staffy owners only,why because of the amount of staffs.Nothing against staffies i have 2 six week old pups myself.What about the other dogs people have.By the way i will be paying for my vacanations on principle,if you can,t afford to keep the updates with your dogs dont have them, :huggles:
the vets are giving staff owners free vaccine, "because of the amount of staffs"??

Why?? dont understand

Latest I have heard is the parvo outbreak in the cornwall area is a particuarly nasty strain and so far, 5 dogs have been lost in the last two weeks.

Aint got a clue yet why just the staffies but it is Regans that are doing it.I am taking my pups there so i will find out what it is all about.Only thing i can think of is a year ago Regan did a similar thing concerning all breeds,they injected the dogs,micro chipped them but you also had to have the dogs done as well,{spayed].Every where you go in Bolton you see staffies.There is about 10 staffies in my street alone.And to think 25 years ago i was the first person on this estate to have a red staff,all together then on the estate there were only 5 staffs,i had 2 and the lad across the road who had 3 and introduced me to the breed now there thousands.The dogs homes here are over run with the breed,it is the most over run breed that any of the homes have.I for one wont be breeding mine.People get them as pups dont have a clue how to train them correctly,when all goes wrong out in the streets they go.I have adviced my step son not to breed again.He had his pups up for 250,no one was interested,in the end he had to sell them for 100.He could of sold them 50 times over.Its a shame because the staffies do make good family pets.sorry to go on. :oops:

Goran said:
twinkletoes dylan said:

Hi

I live in an area near you, were the vets concerned South Moor Vets ?? Find it all very worrying as so many beaches are near to us....

i rang south moors vets and they didnt seem concerned,and i was advised to keep the dogs on the moor,i asked if they did parvo jab on its own (no)but was told they are more worried about lepto

Lurch and his tribe said:
Latest I have heard is the parvo outbreak in the cornwall area is a particuarly nasty strain and so far, 5 dogs have been lost in the last two weeks.

Heard the same thing on radio this morning.Feel sorry for people with litters of pups at this time. :rant: :rant: :rant:

Goran said:
twinkletoes dylan said:

Hi

Richard Balkwill at Selworthy 29th Nov. I walk most of the time in Charleton Marsh and hardly ever saw a stranger, now I keep on seeing new people.

Bath Cats and Dogs home has been closed for over a week due to a parvo outbreak

Back