The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Oxfordshire Walk Anyone?

OEH

Registered
Reaction score
Does this appeal to anyone? I thought we would walk around Port Meadow, one of the safest and best places for whippets (etc) around- about 200 acres of smooth flat grass with a river for dips and drinks. We would walk up one side of the Thames and back down the other with a possible pub stop and lovely rabbit warrens for them to sniff at on the way back.

Saturday 28th Jan would be fantastic for me as OH is away that day and as he really isn't into that sort of thing it would be a good day for me.

What do you reckon?

Love to go on a walk :thumbsup: - unfortunately have invited old friends for lunch that day :( , but maybe could do another day or come on the next one if you have one! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great idea Olivia, and looking forward to meeting your gang. :wub: Will you be bringing Esme to Oxford racing at Horspath eventually? :sweating: :thumbsup:

Ok- well lets do another day- its worth getting as many people as possible (and I'm dying to meet the gorgeous Zephyr)

Yes I will be coming to Horspath :D really looking forward to it- do you fancy brining Zephyr to the track at Biscester one day- its great fun?

Sounds great - he's been really enjoying his trials at Oxford. :thumbsup:

When I can find the calendar :oops: I will put forward some other dates for consideration. :blink: :)

I would be up for a walk and I am sure Millie would come to

We would love to come and the 28th is good for us, or the 5th or 25th or 26th Feb.

Look forward to seeing a date :D

The 28th could be good for me too (if you can put up with the terrible threesome of screaming iggies, the yodelling hearthrug Tally, and the shy Emilie :- " )

Alfie might be able to come but dont make it too early as hse doesnt like getting up to early at the weekends (w00t) :D (w00t)

Think I should be able to come on the 28th- sounds fun! :thumbsup:

Olivia- I didn't realise that the racing at Bicester idea had actually got off the ground- I would definitely like to come some time. Is it once a month, or fortnight, or when?

Liz and the Monellis

Ok well lets have one on the 28th and then one later so Beth and Zephyr can come.

The racing at Biscester at the moment is only training as not enough people replied to make it worth while, it is Sunday and Wednesday mornings. If there are enough people they will run proper races for us after the training is over (at 12). But the training itself is great fun and as you can run up to six dogs at a time it is just as good as proper racing (unless you're feeling particularly competitive :- " ).

Please PM if you want to come training at the track Liz as it would be great to have some company :D - I'll probably be going tomorrow if anyone wants to come :- " .

Can't make it tomorrow as have to work unfortunately! :(

But I don't think I am doing anything on Sunday so would love to come down with Mabel and Normie- it's ok for IGs to come along isn't it?

I will pm you for the details Olivia.

Liz

Jan Doherty said:
Alfie might be able to come but dont make it too early as hse doesnt like getting up to early at the weekends (w00t)   :D   (w00t)

Same here! Late morning would be good cos I will still have to get back to take another lot out! I am sure Millie will be OK for 28th cos she is judging on 29th (and guess who is the chauffeur!!)

Will you pm me with directions etc Olivia???

Shall we say 11.30?

I'll PM everyone who wants to come with the directions on the Friday before, but basically we'll meet in the car park for Port Meadow in Wolvercote, just north of Oxford.

I'm really looking forward to it (w00t) and you can all meet little Esme (who happens to be snoring for England at the moment).

11.30 sounds good to me so yes please! Now I just have to decide who can go (dog-wise!!!)

11.30 sounds excellent for us too. Will really look forward to it. Please PM details as I have no idea where it is :b

Will be lovely to meet everyone (w00t)

:D I shall be coming with a least two....... depends on seasons, don't want to upset any of the boys do we :- " :thumbsup:

Millie said:
:D   I shall be coming with a least two....... depends on seasons, don't want to upset any of the boys do we  :- "  :thumbsup:
No Wendy,

I don't think Jake has recovered from his last encounter yet. He definitely knows what love is now (w00t) (w00t)

I presume that we will be able to let them off there?

TC said:
Millie said:
:D   I shall be coming with a least two....... depends on seasons, don't want to upset any of the boys do we  :- "  :thumbsup:
No Wendy,

I don't think Jake has recovered from his last encounter yet. He definitely knows what love is now (w00t) (w00t)

I presume that we will be able to let them off there?

Oh yes- they can go for a good mile or two with out any nasty fences or roads and very few people, just horses, who are used to my mad lurchers tearing around them and hiding behind them.

Hi EOH,

im from Bicester,would like to join you all on the 28th but not sure were port meadow is.

sharron said:
Hi EOH,im from Bicester,would like to join you all on the 28th but not sure were port meadow is.

I'll pm everyone with directions, but it is north Oxford just off the woodstock road, the car park is on the edge of wolvercote.

Looking forward to meeting you. :thumbsup:

:) Just wondering if the walk is still on this Sat and has anyone received directions :thumbsup:

Back