The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Our Sport

GRAHAM PEM

Registered
Reaction score
just interested in your thoughts on how whippet racing has changed over the years.

i have been racing whippets for quite a long time now and have noticed alot of changes some good some bad.alot of my good times were traveling to eassington to race my dogs me and mandy loved going there i would like to see more bend meetings there.

i remember my first whippet i had i raced him at costhorpe i think this was run by brenda & dave thompson so come on lets have your thoughts on how things have changed and what changes you would like to see to improve our sport.

STOP DRUG TESTING UNTIL ITS DONE RIGHT,AND STOP ALL THE BACK STABBING IF NOT CAN SOME ONE TELL ME WHAT TO USE TO MAKE MY DOGS FASTER :b

Last edited by a moderator:
HEY NEIL.. IF YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR DOGS RUN FASTER..MISS THERE FOOD FOR A DAY OR SO THEN TIE A PORKCHOP BONE TO THE FRONT OF THERE MUZZLE...HA..HA..HA :lol: :lol: :lol:

:)) sh.t posted twice :wub:

i agree with the first part neil testing :( until its done right :thumbsup: dont think the sport has changed that much just a lot less folks doin it now :(

the sport as we call it has changed, for some, I Say some as I still can say there is nothing better than seeing the top dogs perform at thier best, but to day some racers do not know the breeding, or the owners of the best dogs running today, they are so rapped up in thier own dogs, they forget how new commers feel when they win, they forget to say well done, but they are quick to complain when in thier opinion a result has gone wrong. I have seen this happen so many times since I have come back into racing with my daughter Jade. In the time I have been back I have thought several times that results or circumstaces have not been right, but have held back from complaining. This is because I feel the people that put themselves out to help deserve our support not criticism. However this was stretched to the limit when we went to the time trials at the BWRA puppy and yearling event at Asfordsby. As you know our dog Southern Scott has had a disasterous last eighteen months with injuries that we did not know he had, so we run him on, resulting in Tigger tearing his Grasilious, first then even worse we had to have his front toe removed. So after almost a year of not running Jade asked me to try again, We bring him back running in the 36 lb scratch as Tigger had gone upto 33Lb, he showed a bit of form with no come backs on the injury front. So we enter him in the Time event, this should give hime an even chane to compete, or thats what i thought. I timened in with Checvon Express, Tigger won by about 2 yds, I asked the time Tigger done as I wanted to know how he was recovering from his layoff. I was told he done 9.63 this was confirmied by the time judges. On to Tiggers heat, he then had to give Chevron Express 7 yards start along with two other dogs, at that point I wanted to pull southern Scott out, but Jade is still trying hard to get him back to open class runnjing so we ran him. needles to say he was about four yards behind Chevron Express who went on to win the event. NOw back to the question has racing changed my answer is yes because, I still look at other owners dogs to see how they are breed or how they perform. If the handicappers had Dramma Queen giving Biddy seven yards start they would have, went crazy, as it was obviously a mistake in the handicap, yet that is exactly what happened to Southern Scott, and to make it worse the fastest time went to Colorado in 9.64, yet Tigger done 9.63, I take nothing away from Colorado he was not on the clock, but my long reply to the question is to show how easy it is to deflate and turn qway newcommers and hopfulls to our sport, common sence should take over when a stop watch gives times, that we know the dog cant reproduce, signing of pissed and pissed of Scotty.

Lots of things to mull over in that statement Scotty ---but dont let these things get the better of you rise above it as i am sure you are more than able to mate---Sport ????makes you wonder dont it?

steve

fastested dog in the world, cannot beat the man on the clock :- "

very true, unfortunately, and the man on the clock will say if your dogs the fastested or the slowest, on that day, and i bet i know who was on the clock, :b :- "

think last year was the worst case i have seen when you get a dog get Sup Rch, then a month later win the time event, that was taking the p--s, but maybe not, its not done alot since, :oops: :eek:

dose nothing but poison come out of your mouth, bet the dog your talking about has never proven positive in a drug test, glass houses and all that give it a rest if you have nothing constructive to say its the likes of you that have took this sport to the level it is now.

everyone is entitled to their opinion ......not that old ey john and i would think defiantly not jealous

--------------------

Gary Bailey

or is it just you lot that entitled to their opinion,

mutley said:
i agree with the first part neil  testing :(   until its done right  :thumbsup: dont think the sport has changed that much just a lot less folks doin it now  :(
i hope u r not sayiny that Biddy cheated cos she has proven herself on more than 1 occasions, I might just be getting the wrong end of the stick but it seems to me u r saying biddy only won because of who was on the watch. If u look back at her career times mean nothing to her every dog could run faster than her in there heat but she would still beat them all in the final.

Let me make it absolutely clear I am not and never have brought drugs into any topics, I was just saying that, at yd a lb biddy and Dramma Queen were very close, so if Dramma Queen had to give Biddy 7 yds start I think Paul would have went mental. I took the decision on the day it was only when I came in after a drink that I started this reply. Sorry if any one has misunderstood my point, Colorado and Biddy reign supreme in my eyes, end of story.

Yes Valerie seems you did get the wrong end of the stick then, thats what happens when you go on the internet after a bottle of vodka, sorry Pete my daughter will apologise once she recovers for the hangover.

Val

Hang my head in shame. Reading things while intoxicated not a goog idea, but dont worry mum has alredy gave me a slap for it, and im baned from using the internet while under the influence of vodka.

Sorry again for any upset.

A very hungover Valerie

spellbound said:
everyone is entitled to their opinion ......not that old ey john  and i would think defiantly not jealous 

--------------------

Gary Bailey

or is it just you lot that entitled to their opinion,

see nothing but poison :x totaly of topic again -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_-

Valerie Haggart said:
Hang my head in shame. Reading things while intoxicated not a goog idea, but dont worry mum has alredy gave me a slap for it, and im baned from using the internet while under the influence of vodka.Sorry again for any upset.

A very hungover Valerie

A slap (w00t) a right hook more like with the shiner you had at the club today shame on you Val lol.

Back