The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Our Journey

marier05

Registered
Reaction score
Well where do we start, all was well untill we arrived at our hotel on sat night and there was a very very drunk young lad (23) at reception. He was being a bit cheeky to us but nothing harmful.

Later we met him in the corridor and he suddenly turned around and jumped off a few stairs hitting his head on a low ceiling on the way down! We quickly ran over to see if he was ok but his head was split open and be was barely breathing.

My first instinct was to shout someone to phone an ambulance then Neave put him in the recovery position opening his airway. We were trying our best to keep calm but it was difficult as his breathing was so irregular, he even stopped for a few seconds at one point!

The ambulance came and he is now in intensive care with internal bleeding and a build up of pressure behind his eye. I hope he will be ok but when we left, things werent looking good for him.

We showed on Sunday had a really enjoyable day. Unplaced but still really enjoyed it. We left Sherburn at 3pm and what should have been a 7 hour journey to Aberdeenshire ended up being a 10 hour journey.

We got all the way past Edinburgh near Perth and sat nav took us a different route but i WAS so trusting of my trustie sat nav i followed it even though i knew the other road like the back of my hand. I thought she might know better.

Well we were driving for about an hour and a half then realised we were up in the mountains and got caught in a terrible snow strom!! We had to turn and go all the way back to where i had slipped off an hour and a half ago! AAH we were so p***ed off. :rant: By the time i got home after dropping Neave off it was 2am and i was hilusinating (sp?) all the way down the road as i was so tired. dangerous i know but i just wanted home.

We are now home safe and sound, thank goodness! :)

p.s Sat Nav is in my bad books! :angry:

Oh my God, what a nightmare!

What a relief that you are home now, the whips must have been desperate for a wee!! :lol:

OMG, sat nav is ok but we always ( well Mark does) check the route too. Got caught out by Master Nav a couple of times. :- " :b

what a horrendous time you had . Never used a sat nav . Glad you got home safe and well :thumbsup:

:rant: she's a bloody nightmare that sat nav! :lol: Glad you both made it home safely :sweating:

Stick to maps and where you know :sweating:

Mind you I took a wrong road yeserday , and in the dark , alone :( I got a bit worried , but soon asked the way and found the A1 again :cheers:

Perhaps the young boozer should have used the sat nav for his jump. Hope he's OK.

Poor you Marie--our SATNAV is always in my bad books :rant: How it didn't end up in a field when we were in Ireland I really don't know. All I can say is, there was a very blue/black cloud sitting above our car with quite a few unrepeatable swear words in it (w00t)

Pleased to hear you finally got home safe & sound. :thumbsup:

Yvonne

:huggles:

rls22 said:
Oh my God, what a nightmare!What a relief that you are home now, the whips must have been desperate for a wee!!  :lol:

Believe me it wasnt just the whippets who were bursting for a wee :lol: :lol: I

:( sounds like you had a rotten time glad you got home okay . :)

oh what a horrible time :( at least you made it home ok in the end :sweating:

how awful for you :eek: , glad you are back safe :huggles: , any news on the young man? :thumbsup:

OMG,what a dreadful time you had :eek: :huggles:

At least i didn't get lost going home(stick to the good ol fashioned maps :D ),but it took us an extra 2 hours to get back due to the awful conditions & a hold up on the A1 due to an accident :(

The last 10 miles back to linda's though was horrendous as i was driving through floods & roads full of mud that had been washed off the fields :sweating: & to cap it all,it looks like a tornado had hit Linda's street as her greenhouse was smashed up & her lovely summerhouse was it tatters & the roof,what was left of it was in her neighbours garden :eek: :blink:

posh totty said:
how awful for you  :eek: , glad you are back safe  :huggles: , any news on the young man?  :thumbsup:
Hi,

I phoned the hotel tonight, they are keeping in touch with the hospital. They are keeping him asleep as he is waking up and trying to pull out the tubes. They are also keeping him asleep until his body has recovered enough to deal with the shock. He is still in intensive care but are planning on moving him to a general ward tomorrow. I am going to phone tomorrow night. :thumbsup:

OMG what nightmare (w00t) (w00t) glad you two got home ok

How awful for you and Neave, so glad you both and of course the dogs are home safe and sound :huggles:

Yvette x

Hi,

I am so glad you are now at home and safe and sound.

Janetta

Sorry to hear about your adventures, what a weekend you have had! Glad you got home safe in the ed.

Liz

what a nightmare journey you had, i hope the young man is ok :( and im glad you got home safe and sound.

when i went to leeds champ show both mine and OH's sat nav's (yes we had 2 on the go :b ) sent us down this bridle path, i kept telling OH to turn round but as we were in my 4x4 jeep and boys and their toys!!! he kept going untill we came to this gate! i must admitt we were that late that i was tempted to open it and go cross country to the showground :- " but we turned around and went all the way back!

my sat-nav seems to like sending me on little detours :angry:

Back