The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

One Meal A Day, When??

Lise

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks for all excellent advice, he is as I say up there 6 months on 23rd of sept sp 6 mths 2 weeks.

I am concerned that id I give him a chicken wing he will expect them all the time and prefer them to his tripe & complete and therefore start fussing at meal times, other than that I would love for him to have a treat to go mad for like chicken wings and it must be good for thier teeth, do they get the runs when eating raw chicken.

mOre pics to follow!!

Lise & Floyd

Lise - I still feed my dogs 3 meals a day and they are Oscar aged 1 Year and Kobi aged 6 months.

Personally I think smaller more frequent meals are much better for a dog than 1 large meal.

I also got a lot of advice from K9 on feeding when I first came on this site.

Chicken wings?

I didnt know you coulds give dogs chicken, i was told (some years back mind) that poultry bones are a danger for dogs as they make choke.

NOTE: this may be viewed as complete and utter garbage by those of you in the know. Please post your thoughts and experiences on the matter. I am merely trying to find things out, as i am hopefully going to be buying a pup in the not too distant future.

markE said:
Chicken wings?
I didnt know you coulds give dogs chicken, i was told (some years back mind) that poultry bones are a danger for dogs as they make choke.

NOTE: this may be viewed as complete and utter garbage by those of you in the know. Please post your thoughts and experiences on the matter. I am merely trying to find things out, as i am hopefully going to be buying a pup in the not too distant future.

Hi mark, the chicken must be raw as with all bones, and for further info all will be revealed here ;) click the link: feeding - BARF, chicken wings, and more

Lise, I give mine raw chicken wings every other day. Never, ever has it made them prefer that to any other food. They love chicken wings. They love their tripe. No problem :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
cooked chicken bones splinter too easily

someone told me not to give the dogs raw chicken bones either (I don't) but I think they should be okay?

I've also read that greyhounds and whippets have small stomachs and should be fed twice daily even as adults.

Macha said:
cooked chicken bones splinter too easily someone told me not to give the dogs raw chicken bones either (I don't) but I think they should be okay?

I've also read that greyhounds and whippets have small stomachs and should be fed twice daily even as adults.

I think it is better to feed them twice, both my dogs, a lurcher and a terrier/lurcher have a biggish breakfast and a smaller tea (about 2/3 and then 1/3) - also at tea they may have other foods in leftovers like rice or pasta plus veggies etc - but I think all dogs should be fed at least twice daily until they are at least one.

Back