The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Northern Ireland Whippet Club Championship Show

Margaret Mc Stay

Registered
Reaction score
There was a great turnout of Whippets at this Pedigree show in the Queens Hall Newtownards last Sunday. All the usual whippet fraternity from Northern Ireland was in attendance and nearley all had their whippets entered for this well run show. There were quite a few english visitors there with their beautiful whippets, and all were enjoying this event. It was nice to speak to so many of our old friends, but we have also made quite a few new ones with our friends from across the water. A big congratulations to our good friend Lucinda Thompson (Barnesmore) who won the overall show with her beautiful whippet, and also the best Irish breed. Well done Lucinda. Also congratulations to Pamela Hunter who won the members class. For a pedigree show we did not do to bad ourselves, we were placed with 2 4ths with Goldie and Silver. I am sure the full results will be put up later. I will leave that to the experts.

A big thank you to Mrs Janet Duke and her most efficent back up team of helpers, also the judge on the day, for the professional way this show was run. Graham Meek, Davy Best and Tracy Gill had their sleeves rolled up all day helping around every corner.You gave us all another great day of enjoyment amoung friends. Not forgetting our resident photographer "Bluebell" who was in attendance. Bluebell snapped away all day, and no doubt will have lots of photographs up shortly. Thanks Deidre. Looking forward to seeing them Bluebell. We ended our day with an invitation to Jim & Lynn Murrays house in Newtownards , where a big bowl of Irish Stew , Crusty bread and hot tea was awaiting us. My husband big John, nearley ate them out of house and home. You would think he never got a bite to eat in his life. Bluebell and Patsy Mc Coy was also invited back to Jim and Lynns house, and they had to fight big John off at the table to try and get something to eat.

Jim and Lynn, many thanks for the meal, the welcome and the craic at your house. The meal was so tasty, and the company good. A brilliant end to a magnificent day.

Jim and Lynne you have a lovely home and a lovely family and lets not forget the five dogs :wacko: a full house :)) Really enjoyed the Irish Stew the crusty bread, the sandwichs were the last word :thumbsup: i was just ready for it :thumbsup: didn't eat another thing that night :))

Will be calling soon to collect Patsy's coat and i might go lamping myself ;) take a few pics :)) if Jim lets me :p see you both soon :thumbsup:

Margaret your getting really good at these write ups :p :D

DSC_0285-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbsup: I really enjoy reading your posts Margaret - and look forward to the photos Bluebell :)) . You all seem to have a great time when you meet up. Think Ill pack my bags and get the ferry over there :lol:

:thumbsup: I really enjoy reading your posts Margaret - and look forward to the photos Bluebell :)) . You all seem to have a great time when you meet up. Think Ill pack my bags and get the ferry over there :lol:
Thank you Bluebell and Little Nell for your lovely comments. We had a great day out. Yes Little Nell we go out to enjoy ourselves over here at these shows. As we are getting on in years, my husbands great saying is, " its only a one way street, you cannot go back up it again, so it is up to us to make the best of our sunset years on that street and make the best of what life throws at us. Photo lovely Bluebell. Not much left on the table. We eat poor Jim & Lynn out of house and home.

So glad you enjoyed your day at the show Margaret ;)

The club had an entry of 102 whippets from all over the UK and Ireland this year which is always great to see :thumbsup: . It was a tiring day for those of us that were there at 9am to start setting up and organising the hall etc, and then not leaving until well after 6pm, having tidied up again :wacko: !! A lot of hard work goes into organising these shows both on the day itself, and for months before hand........especially when we have such a small band of 'workers'

I was delighted to handle Nico, 'Rushden Just A Gigolo' :wub: now owned by our good friend, Janice Mckinley, in the Limit Dog Class...It was the biggest class of the day, but Nico did us all proud and managed to win it and was then considered for the Reserve CC ! (w00t) This was a great end to a fantastic weekend for Rushden Whippets......Best of Breed & Dog CC at Belfast the previous day having been won by Graham Meek and Merlin 'Rushden Cast's A Spell Over Brackaghmoss'. :wub: WELL DONE GUYS !!!! (w00t) :thumbsup:

Thanks littlenell :thumbsup:

NIWC CH. SHOW 2010 RESULTS

JUDGE – MR R. BELSHAW (PERMADON)

MPD ( 1/0)

1st TRIKEN TIMELESS TEMPTATION – MR P & MRS J TAYLOR

PD (4/0)

1st CORNSTALK MOONSTUCK – MR P McFARLANE

2nd DEMERLAY VANILLA SKY OVER GWENDARIFF – MR A RITCHIE

3rd BARNESMORE SNOOP DOG – MRS L THOMPSON

Res. COBYCO CHANGE OF CLIMATE – MRS C MARTIN

JD (4/0)

1st COLLOONEY GOING DUTCH –MR & MRS D.G. SHORT

2nd COLLOONEY DUTCH COURAGE – MISS N ERWIN

3rd DEMERLAY HAT’S OFF TO LARRY – MRS M HEAD

Res. COLLOONEY DOUBLE DUTCH AT WINDWALKER – MR & MRS K & P LESLIE

ND (1/0)

1st DEMERLAY VANILLA SKY OVER GWENDARIFF- MR A RITCHIE

YD (5/1)

1st COLLOONEY ROCK MY WORLD – V COULTER

2nd TURNSTONE CRACKAWAY JACK (JW)- MR & MRS J & V TURNBULL

3rd CROSSCOP REASON TO BELIEVE (JW) - MORRIS SL & WADDELL G.

Res. CURRABELL TRIPLE CROWN – MS E MOONEY

PGD (7/1)

1st SLANEYFINN CHIEFTAN- MR P A REYNOLDS

2nd RUSHDEN NE APPROACH – MS J DUKE & MISS T GILL

3rd COLLOONEY DOUBLE DUCH AT WINDWALKER – MR & MRS K & P LESLIE

Res. WHISTERFIELD JACK BE NIMBLE AMONG SILKDANCE – C PRICE

VHC. ELMANESH ELDORADO –MRS M M BROWN

LD (13/3)

1st RUSHDEN JUST A GIGOLO – MRS J McKINLEY

2nd WRENELLA JUST GILES OF TRIKEN - MRS A & MR D ALLEN

3rd STORMALONG BLACKOUT – MRS C NEALE

Res. RUSHDEN CAST’S A SPELL OVER BREACKAMOSS – MR G W MEEK