The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Need To Rehome My Whippet :(

xEmiliex

Registered
Reaction score
Hi i need to rehome my whippet bitch shes white with blue brindle shes 20 months old she has

five generation pedigree shes good with children and other animals

we are in portsmouth hampshire but are looking for a place that isn't close to us idealy it will be in the

county side with a large garden at least she shouldn't be the only animal as she do love cuddling up with other dogs and cats

she is very loving natured ok now for her faults shes nothing like any other whippet ive known she can't be left alone she will

chew everything she can if left alone she has separation anxiety and if left for even an hour she will trash everything she can

we have tried cage training she will cry and shes worked out how to move the cage around the room

and will pull things through the bars she is house trained but if left will go on the floor

i'm looking for a home that has had problem dogs before that has time to share and train her

it breaks my heart to have to let her go but with two very young children and being pregnant i just havant the time

to train her or cope with cleaning after her if you think you can offer her a home please email :(

emily please ring me i will have her back , and i did state that hun when you bought her , so sorry things have been so difficult i know you have tried hard :huggles:

Good Luck to you Little Girl - you're a lucky Whippie having a responsible breeder like Tanya :D

Hope everything works out for everyone concerned :huggles:

im sure emily wont mind me posting this, ut we had a chat today and she really doesntt want to let lilly go but at end of her tether so to speak , so a close friend from her area is going round on my behalf to attempt to find a solution, failing that lilly will be coming back to us :thumbsup:

If I can be of any help just let me know. Sometimes it helps to meet up with other whippet folk. I live just North of Portsmouth.

Jenny

posh totty said:
im sure emily wont mind me posting this, ut we had a chat today and she really doesntt want to let lilly go but at end of her tether so to speak , so a close friend from her area is going round on my behalf to attempt to find a solution, failing that lilly will be coming back to us  :thumbsup:
Lets hope something can be sorted Tanya... :huggles: :thumbsup:

what a shame for them to be in this situation.

xEmiliex said:
Hi i need to rehome my whippet bitch shes white with blue brindle shes 20 months old she hasfive generation pedigree shes good with children and other animals

we are in portsmouth hampshire but are looking for a place that isn't close to us idealy it will be in the

county side with a large garden at least she shouldn't be the only animal as she do love cuddling up with other dogs and cats

she is very loving natured ok now for her faults shes nothing like any other whippet ive known she can't be left alone she will

chew everything she can if left alone she has separation anxiety and if left for even an hour she will trash everything she can

we have tried cage training she will cry and shes worked out how to move the cage around the room

and will pull things through the bars she is house trained but if left will go on the floor

i'm looking for a home that has had problem dogs before that has time to share and train her

it breaks my heart to have to let her go but with two very young children and being pregnant i just havant the time

to train her or cope with cleaning after her if you think you can offer her a home please email  :(

Poor you,

You have obviously tried very hard.It takes a strong person to admit they are not coping,At least the breeder will help you as a last resort,and take her back.Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Amandaxx

quintessence said:
If I can be of any help just let me know.  Sometimes it helps to meet up with other whippet folk.  I live just North of Portsmouth.
Jenny

thanks jenny thats really kind of you , could you pm emily and swap details? emily is a lovely person and i feel so sorry for her , we all know what little monkeys whippies can be when they want to :- " but im sure we can find a solution :thumbsup:

Aw bless.... I hope everything works out for you :wub:

We had an ex racing greyhound who destroyed anything he came into contact with and it took a lot of strong will and patience for 4 solid years to get him trained as he was poorly treated before he came to us (he as 4 when we adopted him) and he became the most treasured friend I could of ever had... I miss him so much as he got me over my fear of dogs (I was never allowed a dog when I was little and was attacked by 2 rotties when I was 11) sadly he died July 05 of cancer of the spleen (10 years old).

You have to keep telling yourself that the dog isn't doing it to get at you... they just don't understand.

Best of luck and I hope everything turns out ok :thumbsup:

posh totty said:
we all know what little monkeys whippies can be when they want to  :- "  [right
Rubbish...............my two are perfect angels :lol:

I hope you get sorted with Lily.........lovely name btw :thumbsup:

AnnSa said:
posh totty said:
we all know what little monkeys whippies can be when they want to   :- "  [right

lilly looks a bit like kaya ann, had a lovely pm from emily earlier, as for your two being angels , shall i not mention what they hadin their mouth running up the beach???!!! :oops: :oops:

posh totty said:
AnnSa said:
posh totty said:
we all know what little monkeys whippies can be when they want to   :- "  [right

lilly looks a bit like kaya ann, had a lovely pm from emily earlier, as for your two being angels , shall i not mention what they hadin their mouth running up the beach???!!! :oops: :oops:

Excuse me.....they.......Sada left it when i called them............it

was my little pikey pooch who ran off with it :lol:

AnnSa said:
posh totty said:
AnnSa said:
posh totty said:

and whats wrong with your little pikey hound??? wasnt her stealing handbags from old ladies was it :oops: :lol:

Hope you get the little girl sorted :luck:

Well done Tanya for offering to have her back :thumbsup: too many breeders shut the door when they have taken their money :(

You as we are are their 24/7 for our pups/adults that have left us and many times there sorting out other peoples doggy problems when the original breeders don't want to know.

:luck: again

Lillibet

posh totty said:
AnnSa said:
posh totty said:
AnnSa said:
posh totty said:

and whats wrong with your little pikey hound??? wasnt her stealing handbags from old ladies was it :oops: :lol:

Nellie steals!! so far this week, a young boys hat!! and another dogs ball right out of his mouth I was so embarrased, Well done Tanya you are always there for your dogs, Wanna take Nellie back?

ermmmm did you not see the clause in nellies???!!! lol :clown: well ok then as she is showing such a good working nose :lol: the evil asbo nellie :p

Really hope that things work out with Lily. Smashing news that you are getting so much support and advice :thumbsup: Plus the fact that the breeder will have her back is just wonderful news :huggles: Posh Totty your comments have read like a dream, what a breeder you are o:) :huggles:

posh totty said:
ermmmm did you not see the clause in nellies???!!! lol  :clown: well ok then as she is showing such a good working nose  :lol:   the evil asbo nellie  :p

Clause..............Tanya you said it read............

Nellie must be taken to Ann if she steals and needs to be returned :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Tanya for honouring your breeders agreement

How is Emily getting on is Lily coming back or not?

Back