The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Name for new dog - any suggestions?

jakeyboyforever

Registered
Reaction score
1000240_10201519389524710_176739344_n.jpg

Hi all, we are picking up our new pup on Monday and need to think of a new name for him. The family are all Harry Potter fans so ideas at the moment are Albus, Lupin, Ron (Ronnie Barker - geddit!) Percy, but am running out of ideas - help please!

i've always fancied doug, as a good name for a dog, or gripper, he looks like a gripper :)

Is it boy or girl?
It's a boy. At the moment it's called Toodles, but I can't really see my son taking it for a walk if he has to shout that in the park (!) . The current favourite is Albus after Albus Dumbledore but the girl in the pet shop said she had heard of a couple of other dogs called that so maybe not as original as we would like! I like Ron/Ronnie, my husband likes Lupin (for Harry Potter fans, because 'he looks like a flower but is really a wolf'!)

i've always fancied doug, as a good name for a dog, or gripper, he looks like a gripper :)
I like that, Doug the Dog! I will add it to the list!

Ronnie is nice! Get another female in the future and call it Roxy lol!

Muggle, Horrace, Neville, Fred, George, Harry of course. Tonks, - I know it was a female character but looks fitting in his case, Barty ???

I was outvoted on Percy :( , Jake was the name of our beloved terrier who passed away in June! I do like Horace and Neville but think the unanimous vote is Albus Dumbledog! Albus or Albie for short!! We are collecting him at 4 this afternoon - wish us luck! I'm a bit nervous that he won't settle with us ...

I'm sure he will be fine and settle in with you all, just give him plenty of time and space to find his feet.

Albus sounds like a great name, Albus means white in Latin so very fitting too.

Hi Rocky Rescue, yes we thought Albus would be good for that reason. Well we had a hellish journey when we collected him and when we finally got home he ran in, did a wee, and then hid under a chair for about an hour, bless him! However by the end of the evening, he had eaten, been in the garden, had a play and let us brush him. He slept downstairs without a peep, so good start I feel. Took him and had him microchipped and registered at vets this morning x

Back