The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

N.w.r.f. Asfordby The True Facts

syko

Registered
Reaction score
After a meeting with Dave Figget owener of Asfordby Sports Club yesterday,he gave me the his reasons for the canceling weekend racing at this venue.

These were staff problems all the workers are family or club members and work for free, he felt he could not continue to put on them any more. He also felt that the extra work in organising these events was getting to much.THESE are dave's only reasons for his decision,nothing to do with anything that happened at any of the previous events either N.W.R.F. or B.W.R.A. hopeing this will clear this matter up once and for all.

On behalf of the N.W.R.F. committee

DON SYSON.

thank u for putting that on don now maybe all the back biting about hew done what there will end :blink:

thanks don i am pleased to here it :thumbsup: like the lads just said lets all get back to what counts, racing :cheers:

I too had long chat with Dave Figget from Asfordby yesterday he had actually phoned Tony but been unable to contact him and he assures us that our events are just to much for them I aked him if the actions of some members had anything to do with their descision and assures us that whilst they were not happy about these actions they are not the reason for this descision they struggle to get staff to cover our events being bank holidays and we couldn,t sway their descision by offering to cover the bar staff extra wages.They have been more than happy with the profits they have made whilst these events have been there. I explained the difficulties we could face with both organisations having to find a venue that could accommodate these events and would they reconsider and let one of them stay on for next year to give us some breathing space Dave does understand the situation we find ourselves and has agreed to put it back to their committee however he doesn,t think it will change their descision. but If they were to go along with this they would feel obliged to let the B.W.R.A. stay as they were there first. I have no argument with that anything they can do to ease the situation would be welcome.

(if they were to agree we should see to it that these members with their disgusting habits are not allowed to camp wether it be at Asfordby or where ever we finish up)

Linda Broom N.N.W.R.F

surely it cant be that hard to find them sum bar staff for a weekend, even if the bwra or nwrf look and hire these staff, eve i have worked behind a bar b for its easy.

if we don find any i suggest we put it to dave tha we serve ourselves there wud b no complaints then eyy lads!

Why can't you just race the dogs and forget about the bar being open. Afterall, what is more important racing or the pub. :oops:

Honeybee said:
Why can't you just race the dogs and forget about the bar being open.  Afterall, what is more important racing or the pub.  :oops:
it would'nt bother me if the bar was'nt open you can allways take your own,but still think the asfordby committee would'nt let us camp there :oops:

JOHNG said:
Honeybee said:
Why can't you just race the dogs and forget about the bar being open.   Afterall, what is more important racing or the pub.   :oops:
it would'nt bother me if the bar was'nt open you can allways take your own,but still think the asfordby committee would'nt let us camp there :oops:

id be gutted (w00t) :D :D

Glad this reason has been made official.....let's get back to racing :cheers:

Back