The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

My New Black Lab Pup

mally

Mallyfieldwhippets.com
Registered
Reaction score
Thought i'd share a few pictures of my new lab pup fern i'll get her in 3 1/2 weeks.

she will be a working gundog when she's a little older!!!

fern at 4 weeks

fern03.jpg

fern01.jpg

fern 4 1/2 weeks (taken today)

fern41-2weeks01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a little beauty :wub: :wub: - I love working labs - slim and elegant :thumbsup: - not at all like their obese showing counterparts!! :wacko:

Aw, she's so gorgeous :wub: :wub: :thumbsup:

How cute! I thought she looked chocolate in the top pic!

:wub: she's beautiful and I love her name.

Are working dogs just slimmer because they are working and burning off their fat ?

How do you tell your puppy when you go back to collect her, as whippets have different markings they're easy to differentiate, or is it easy to a trained eye with lab puppies ?

Fern is lovely Mally. the wole litter are gorgeous. :wub: :wub:

Julie D said:
:wub: she's beautiful and I love her name.Are working dogs just slimmer because they are working and burning off their fat ?

How do you tell your puppy when you go back to collect her, as whippets have different markings they're easy to differentiate, or is it easy to a trained eye with lab puppies ?

working labs are a different breed to the show labs, they are smaller and more slender with alot more energy.

i've marked fern with a permanent marker just in case, however it's a friends litter and i had the pick of the litter so i won't pick up the wrong one when i collect her. Which is a good job as they do all look the same :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks lovely :) even if a tad "samey" lol :lol: ....... :luck: :luck: with Fern, Hannah. :thumbsup:

love your pup and great name :wub:

Zephyr said:
What a little beauty :wub:   :wub:   - I love working labs - slim and elegant :thumbsup:   - not at all like their obese showing counterparts!! :wacko:
I couldn't agree with you more Beth.....i think the show lab's look disgusting :x ,& they can't be healthy with all that blubber they have to carry :(

There's a couple that go to my training club,they are so fat that they can hardly pick their feet up,yet they do a lot of winning :blink:

Nice looking pup Mally :thumbsup:

Congratulations Mally, :thumbsup: Fern"s lovely, :wub: we used to have a whippet called Fern, lovely name. :thumbsup:

Lovely pup :wub:

Bet you cant wait to have her home.

When my mum and dad picked their rotties years ago from a huge litter the breeders taped a bit of tape round one of their legs to identify them! :lol: :wacko:

This is the mother to my pup her name is holly

holly01.jpg

fernsfather01.jpg

the father to the pups ( the yellow lab !!!)

There are 34 field trial champions in ferns pedigree including 8 international.

Back