The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Multiple Ch Titles

Claire

Looney Collooney
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder If someone can help me with this??

Well how does it all work ?

For example.... Here you need 3 CCs To Be a Champion Or 40 Green Star Points To Be An Irish Champion. There are No "short Cuts" You Must Fulfill the criteria set down by each governing body to use the CH title.

Is this the case In Sweden-Norway-Denmark, France-Belgium-Germany, America-Canada???

In Australia you have to get 100 challenge points. To get a CC you have to win the best dog or bitch of your breed. The points are calculated; 5 points for the CC plus 1 point for each dog (bitch) exhibited in your breed section. Dog that wins BIG gets further points - up to 25. It is not possible to get more than 25 points in single show. Theoretically it is possible to make up your dog in 4 shows. I do not know how often that happens but I know of one Borzoi "Bacaret Summer Storm" , he came here from UK some 30 years ago and won the group in 4 consecutive weekends, straight out of quarantine.

If a dog gets 1000 points he becomes a Grand Champion.

No short cuts! :)

Lida

Last edited by a moderator:
Seraphina said:
In Australia you have to get 100 challenge points.  To get a CC you have to win the best dog or bitch of your breed.  The points are calculated; 5 points for the CC plus 1 point for each dog (bitch) exhibited in your breed section.  Dog that wins BIG gets further points - up to 25.  It is not possible to get more than 25 points in single show.  Theoretically it is possible to make up your dog in 4 shows.  I do not know how often that happens but I know of one Borzoi "Bacaret Summer Storm" , he came here from UK some 30 years ago and won the group in 4 consecutive weekends, straight out of quarantine.If a dog gets 1000 points he becomes a Grand Champion.

No short cuts! :)

Lida

It can get harder. 4 groups or 4 CC's but must be under 3 different judges. Also if made up befor 12 mths, only 80 points count.

Do the three UK CC's have to be under three different judges?

In Norway, you need three CCs (champions do not compete for the CC) from three different judges, one of which (known as the "big" CC) must be awarded at one of the relatively few shows organized by the Norwegian Kennel Club. The Sighthound Club may also award "big" CCs at some of their shows.

CCs can be awarded from the age of 9 months, but to make champion, one of the CCs must also be awarded after the age of 24 months (in whippets, in some smaller breeds, the age limit for becoming a champion is 15 months). Until the dog has achieved champion status, there is no limit to the number of CCs it can be awarded.

Claire said:
Well how does it all work ?
More or less like this:

For "Sweden-Norway-Denmark" (and Finland) - if you are a champion in either Country (3 CCs for at least 2 different judges) you only need 1 CC (locally called cert) for each national champion title (won after 24 months old).

At least for Sweden it suffices to have a national champion title from a recognized governing body and 1 CC won here in Sweden after 24 months to add the Swedish title.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Denmark you need 3 CC`s under 3 different judges. Champions do not compete for CC`s. You can win the CC`s from 9 months, and the last CC must be won after the dog is 18 months. If you are a Danish CH. you only need one CC in Sweden, Norway or Finland, and you are then a CH. in those countries, just like CHs from those countries just need 1 CC in Denmark to become Danish CH. If you are not a CH in your own country and win a CC in one of those countries, you can safe your CC, and the day your dog is CH in your own country, the CC you won in another Scandinavian country counts, and you are then also CH in the country you won the CC. Hope this makes sense. BTW... We have simmilar agreements with Russia, Israel and a couple of other countries.

Cartman I was with you on the three judges but thought that you need to get 25 points after 12 months of age, imagine my surprise when I went to the ANKC site and found the following -

Champion Points System (5/99)

The owner of a dog registered with the ANKC which:

wins not fewer than four Challenge Certificates/Best of Breed Certificates under not fewer than four different Judges at four different exhibitions;

and (10/99)

b. gains a total of 100 points, of which twenty five (25) of these points are gained after the age of twelve (12) months; may apply for such dog to be known as a Champion.

In the US you need 15 points and must get two "majors" in that 15, majors can be 3, 4 or 5 points. Points for each show are determined on a region basis and I think have to do with either breed registrations or numbers of a breed being shown in that region. So in some parts of the country if you are Winner's Dog you might need to beat 15 dogs to get a 5 point major but in another area you might only have to beat say 10. Points are awarded to the Winners Dog and Bitch (equivalent of our challenge dog and bitch) except they don't compete against the champions at this stage. IF a class dog wins BOB or BOS (Best opposite sex) and there are Champs exhibited then the points can go up.

Lisa

Isilwane

I

No short cuts in France, Belgium, Netherlands nor in Germany I am afraid.

For France you need 3 CACs, one must be won either at the French Championship Show (this was in Lyon about a month ago) or at the French Specialty (this will take place Saturday.... In fact I am leaving in a few hours :D ). The second CAC must be won at an Int Show. The 3rd must be won either at a National or Intern. show. But this isn't the only thing. In France the dog must proove he can do what he was made for.......... so for whippets your dog must race or do lure coursing!!

In Finland you need 3 CCs from three different judges, and the qualifying CC must be achieved after 24 months of age. So a dog can have 20 CCs in junior/intermediate classes and not to be a champion until he wins the qualifying CC after he has turned two years. The dog starts to compete for CCs after he has turned 9 months (and can participate in the junior class).

A dog that already is a Ch. of some other country needs only one CC in Finland to become also a Finnish Ch., the dog must then be at least 24 moths old.

aslan said:
:) Yes 3 cc's under three different judges, and the dog has to have won 1 cc when over 12months old :)

aslan said:

In theory no, however in practice it is an unwritten rule that you dont chase a second or third CC from the same judge.

Nutshell won all 47 cc's under different judges, to gain her the breed record holder.

bertie said:
aslan said:

In theory no, however in practice it is an unwritten rule that you dont chase a second or third CC from the same judge.

Nutshell won all 47 cc's under different judges, to gain her the breed record holder.

thought to be a ch, rules state 3cc form 3 different judges :p

For Czech champion you need 4 CACs from three different judges (two CACs must be from International Shows and two can be either from National or Specialty schows. The dog can compete for CAC after 15 months of age.Between the first CAC and the last one must be more then 1 year distance.

For Austrian Champion are the same conditions.

Draha

Back