The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Mole

Jan Doherty

Registered
Reaction score
Today I made the decision to let Mole cross the rainbow bridge. As Italian Greyhounds go she was the best. She endeared herself to everyone who met her. She had sticky up ears and a huge grin with which to meet you, friend or foe.

She was the epitamy of the word companion dog. She often came out with me in the car to the shops just for the ride. She often led the charge through the dog flap to tell off the birds or the squirrel.

She has been ill for some time now having developed Cushings. Unfortunately her immune system began to break down and over the past week her blood stopped clotting and at just over 8 years old she went without a fight and with her ears still pricked up.

She is the third dog I have lost in less than a year but I am sure that both Merlin and Shera are waiting for her by the bridge and she will greet them with her special smile. She will leave a huge hole for such a little dog. RIP Mole

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry to hear about little Mole. There will never be a day when I don't think about my little PoohBear (whip). We send you genuine hugs.

RIP Mole

xx

I have known Moley almost as long as I have known Jan, and I have felt her loss today as if she was one of my own dogs. She bore her illness with cheerfulness and courage, and her indomitable spirit meant that she survived much longer than the vets expected.

She was a little charmer, always greeting visitors with a grin and a tongue up the nose. A loving nanny, puppy comforter and strict disciplinarian to all the new additions.

In a successful show career, she won 2 RCCs and her son won a CC and RCCs.

I have her granddaughter, Alice, who has been mated to Mole's favourite boyfriend George (with her blessing, of course!) so if she is in whelp, maybe there will be a mini- Mole in her litter. I hope so.

Rest in peace Moley, and give the old gits a hug from me.

Liz xx

So sorry to hear your very sad news. Eight years is not long enough and you feel so cheated, but I am sure her life was very happy with you and her canine family.

Beth

Finally let Mole go today and scattered her ashes on the field she loved to run on so much. Havent been able to do it before but for some reason today the time was right.

Still miss her greatly

She'll always be around you now, and you'll always have her in your memories and heart ............run free little Mole .......

:( :huggles: .. Thinking of you.. and Mole ... xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Good that the right day finally came for you to do this. Mole will now run free, lighthearted and springy-stepped and happy. But always there in your heart to comfort you when you need a little lift from a lovely friend... :flowers:

Helen

How sad, I'm so sorry, you feel so cheated when they die too young. Having been there, all I can say is, the blessing is in the fact they never grew old. Your memories will always be of that young, happy dog.

Thinking of you at this sad time :(

[SIZE=14pt]RIP[/SIZE]

Mole

Back