The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Mctimoney Chiropractic

Nicky,i'd have thought that you'd have had Tia to a Mctimmoney chiropractor long before now :unsure: :blink:

Like i said,Linda & i have had 100% result with using our local lady.

Meadow had damaged her pelvis & was in a great deal of pain & after 3 sessions she was 100% & the same with Flyn when he put his neck out....just a couple of seesions for him,much to his disgust as he loved the treatments :thumbsup:

For goodness sake get her to one asap & stop wasting a fortune on vets who usually don't have a clue on these sort of problems & just throw expensive drugs at you which only "hide" the problem,not cure it :angry:

thanks debs ,yeh i know i have been waiting for the vet to do all the tests ext but we dont seem to be getting anywere except my bank account is looking little worst for wear ,iv just emailed to see were the nearst one to me is ,does anybody think she could have hyp displacer sorry not shure how to spell it ?as th more i read about it the more it looks like this to me :blink: she seems to be loosing her muscle mass on her bk legs now to :(

nicky my friend had a horse with a bad back she tried everything went to see a mctimoney practitioner and has never used her vet since good luck with tia im sure she will be right as rain real soon :huggles:

nicky12 said:
does anybody think she could have hyp displacer sorry not shure how to spell it ?as th more i read about it the more it looks like this to me :blink: she seems to be loosing her muscle mass on her bk legs now to  :(
I've never heard of a whippet with hip dysplasia,so i very much doubt it!

If i remember rightly,the problem started with her neck??? so i would say it's either her neck or further down her spine that's causing the problem!

I'm not surprised she's losing muscle now as she's been in pain for so long now & not being able to move about normally :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicky it could be nerves trapped or trapping to the muscles that are wasting (I had the same after an operation). I've heard McTimoney practitioners are brilliant. I booked one for Sweep after he had a bad fall on the bend at racing. I went down a list I found on the internet, and picked a girl from Herefordshire, but when she arrived I found I must have gone over to another list of osteopaths by mistake :wacko: Anyway, she went over him and said she thought he was fine, and as he seemed fine I never got to see the McTimoney :( I'm told they are really good though - and definitely worth try for Tia. Let us know how you get on :luck:

I've used a local McTimoney practitioner for the horses, Nicky.

Good results but, as with everything, it takes time to work and isn't necessarily a one-off fix.

I would definitely go down this route as medical opinion doesn't seem to be helping Tia :(

Good luck, hun. Fingers crossed for you :luck: :luck: :huggles:

I've used one for Moz, after an injury he wasnt balanced one leg was more muscled than the other where he was over compensating So took him along she realined his pelvis took the tenision out of his neck, we went back a couple of weeks later, and hes fine nice and even, and done a season of racing :D

Most ask for a referral from your vet

alfyn said:
nicky12 said:
does anybody think she could have hyp displacer sorry not shure how to spell it ?as th more i read about it the more it looks like this to me :blink: she seems to be loosing her muscle mass on her bk legs now to  :(

If i remember rightly,the problem started with her neck??? so i would say it's either her neck or further down her spine that's causing the problem!

I'm not surprised she's losing muscle now as she's been in pain for so long now & not being able to move about normally :(

popped in to have a chat with my vet this afternoon and we had long chat ,i told her i would like her to see a chiropractic and she said she wants me to take tia for another check up on thursday and she is going to refer us to a very good Chiropractic based in cardiff ,i also asked about the hip dysplasia and she said she doesnt think its this as she has improved since first going wen all this started ,shes not nowere near in the same sort of pain she was in and i have metacam if i think she is ,i wouldnt just sit bk and let her be in pain and would and have taken her straight bk to vets and have done wen she has been ,fingers crossed wel get somwere wen we go :D thank for telling me about these Chiropractic debs cause id never heard of an animal one before :b

nicky12 said:
alfyn said:
nicky12 said:

popped in to have a chat with my vet this afternoon and we had long chat ,i told her i would like her to see a chiropractic and she said she wants me to take tia for another check up on thursday and she is going to refer us to a very good Chiropractic based in cardiff ,i also asked about the hip dysplasia and she said she doesnt think its this as she has improved since first going wen all this started ,shes not nowere near in the same sort of pain she was in and i have metacam if i think she is ,i wouldnt just sit bk and let her be in pain and would and have taken her straight bk to vets and have done wen she has been ,fingers crossed wel get somwere wen we go :D thank for telling me about these Chiropractic debs cause id never heard of an animal one before :b

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: Nicky and Tia :huggles: :huggles:

daledogs said:
nicky12 said:
alfyn said:
nicky12 said:

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: Nicky and Tia :huggles: :huggles:

thanks dawn ,wev an app at vet for 3.50 so will no more then but shes improving daily now thank god :D

good luck with your appointment tia and nicky :luck: :luck:

:huggles: :huggles:

I use one for my horses. To cut a long story short, I bought a new horse in July who's neck and back were so painful he didn't know which bit hurt the most. I got Faye out and she told me his head was almost off his neck - he was so out of alignment :eek: It even hurt him to flick his tail at the flies :( After the first treatment I saw a slight improvement but after the second treatment he was a different horse :D I am due to call her out again in about 6 weeks time. At £40 a time I think it's money well spent :thumbsup: Good luck, I hope you get sorted xx

Just wanted to add that this horse passed a five stage vetting and they didn't pick up on the back issues :rant:

Oni had a crash landing a few months ago and was limping on her front fore my vet refured me straight away to a mctimoney chiropractor and she was fantasic Oni was back to her normal self after two goes :D

Oni was a bit of a wossy girl and was very what are you doing to my neck and shoulder but was fine she was very sleepy afterwards :)

Mine charges £25 for the first time and then depending on what she needs to do :)

Back