The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Lure Coursing Fun Run

jayp

Registered
Reaction score
Lin tested lure and pulleys today,not with dogs as too hot! So we are ready for a try out next Saturday morning Anyone welcome so come along and give your dogs a fun time. 9 o clock start as we have to make way for balloon event in afternoon.

DOGS MUST BE KEPT ON A LEAD WHEN NOT RUNNING

FINE FOR LOOSE DOGS TEN POUNDS AS VERY DANGEROUS TO RUNNING DOGS

DOGS MUST BE MUZZLED WE HAVE SPARES

FINALLY ALL DOGS RUN AT YOUR OWN RISK

Please Pm me if you are coming along. Hope to see some of you Sat Jan

Thought id bump this up to say any sighthound is welcome so go on give yours a run and to all you fellow show folk give your show dogs a real treat, if they are fit they"ll love it :thumbsup: Jan

I think my dogs are fit enough, its the owner who isn't :- " (w00t)

I won't be there but hope it goes well and you all have fun on the run :lol: :luck:

Sorry, would have come but I won't run my dogs in muzzles apart from Angel (when I remember) and that's only because she will retrieve the pulleys if she loses the lure!!!

dessie said:
Sorry, would have come but I won't run my dogs in muzzles apart from Angel (when I remember) and that's only because she will retrieve the pulleys if she loses the lure!!!
Hiya Caroline, If you want to just run against your own dogs then Ok but if running with someone elses then must be muzzled. We have quite a few coming so hope it all goes well for our first tryout. :cheers: Jan

sounds like fun (w00t) ...im only in nantwich so i may pop down 8) :lol:

Hope you have a lovely day Jan, :luck: You know i would of come if i was free :( :huggles:

Ive only just seen this - Ive been away for a few days (took Evie to Hampshire) or I would have come down to watch.

How did it go? - are you thinking of having another one soon?

We had a great time, weather was ok, all dogs ran well especially Ted. i took Travis who ran exceptionally well. The pulleys and lure all worked a treat. We met some lovely folk and their hounds and cant wait for the next time. We will let you all know should be in 2 or three weeks time. Gareth is going to post pics if he has any good ones :cheers: Jan

Back