The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Lurcher On Sunday 21st

sighthoundlover

Registered
Reaction score
Me, my family and a few friends are going to a lurcher show this sunday, in faringdon, near fairford. Just wondering if any of you moochers were going?

Do you have any more details?? Its not a million miles from me and I could do with a day out. :teehee:

There is a lurcher and Terrier show at the Hunt Kennels at Faringdon on Sunday 21st May 06.

The kennels are just off the main A420 Oxford to Swindon.

Usually a nice show, well supported. There is usually a parade of hounds and an exemption dog show as well.

I believe it starts at 12 noon. Should be advertised in Countrymans weekly

Jan Doherty said:
There is a lurcher and Terrier show at the Hunt Kennels at Faringdon on Sunday 21st May 06.The kennels are just off the main A420 Oxford to Swindon.

Usually a nice show, well supported. There is usually a parade of hounds and an exemption dog show as well.

I believe it starts at 12 noon. Should be advertised in Countrymans weekly

Yes this is the show im talking about, i went last year, it's agreat day out and my boys went in the ring with the hounds and they were lovely. Are you going?

Come along Peony, your basil should win something he is a handsome lad. :))

Hi Sighthoundlover,

I used to live in Faringdon and used to go to the show your talking about. Johnie Morris onced judged there in the fun section. Before the cameras were on him he came upto me and asked me about my little Greyhound/Beddie. When the camera was on him and my dog, he repeated word for word what I had told him about lurchers, so appearing very knowledgeable. Nothing "Magic" about him (remember Animal Magic). Anyway, all good fun! We'll be there on Sunday, look out for me plus harrassed wife and baby plus a small dark fawn lurcher. We'll be the ones with the grey hair and haunted look. Cheers

Hopefully I will be going. I might bring the tribe, look out for the wild bunch and a well behaved Whippy/Beddie

:thumbsup: Well, fingers crossed I shall go on Sunday and look forward to meeting some k9ers ...........make sure that you make yourselves known cos im hopeless at recognising people ! :teehee:

Well im glad some k9ers are going! Im sure i will be well noticed. Just look out for loads of merle coloured lurchers maybe a borzoi. Quite a few little boys, a man with tattoos and me and my daughter, who is much more sociable than me. lol. :))

Look out for these dogs.

100_0158.jpg

wilf5.jpg

nikita2.jpg

annastasia.jpg

Tasha.jpg

Spring.jpg

My daughter will have her digi camera, so no one will get away with not having pics taken when shes around. lol. :lol:

If you all post pics of your dogs, then i can spot you by your dogs. :D

:blink: Right,so are we sure it starts at 12???

:eek: Does anyone know what classes there are ??

:unsure: Is it gonna rain???? lol

peony said:
:blink: Right,so are we sure it starts at 12???
:eek:   Does anyone know what classes there are ??

:unsure: Is it gonna rain???? lol

Well im gonna be there for about 11 just to be on the safe side! There will be your normal lurcher classes.

rc over 23'' dog

'' '' bitch

sc over 23'' dog etc.

Possibly have light showere, but i never beleive the forcast!

I might make it too - depending on whether teens allow me any sleep tonight & if I get cracking early enough to do shopping first & don't get lost on the journey.

Lupin is in my avatar & Zephyr is double her size with a face like a badger & a cheeky grinning face :) I'll be the one with long grey hair hanging onto end of leads for grim death!

Back