The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

LUKE

You'll have to put the photo on here as I went to the link and it says unavailable. So I can't see Luke. :b

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried that two and it didn't work either and to top it all off when I was trying that I lost outlook express. I will try and do it another way. If I blow up the puter I will then have to do some house work. Cheers Jill

:p I just tried the link and it worked ;) Part of his pedigree is there to. o:) Jill

He is beautiful. The kind of whippet I like :)

I LOVE the curves on him :- )

I also own a sporting feild irish derby (Sean) grand kid. Except the breeding was USA CH Sporting Feild Irish Derby X Aust CH Statuesque Visulisation (Not Statuesque Fantasy)...

I know the lady who bred your dogs sire. She also bred another one of my whippets sires (AUST / NZ CH Devine Tooseksy Forya).

Good luck with your new man!!!

A very handsome young man.

I'm confused a bit (nothing new there then) how old do your pups have to be to start showing them?

In the UK pups under 6 months of age aren't allowed at a KC show.

Hi BeeJay,

They can be shown at three months of age in Australia.

Debra :D 8)

We can show from three calender months of age up to six months and are refered to as baby puppy.

From six to nine months they are in minor puppy and eligible for challenges.

From six to twelve months we also have puppy class

Junior for nine and under eighteen months

Intermediate from eighteen months and under thirtysix months

Australian bred dog for dogs over six months of age whelped in Aust.

Open for all dogs six months of age and over of any breed recognised by the Aust. National Kennel Council

There are some other classes offered but these are the main classes used.

Classes are numbered 1. for babypuppy dog

1A for baby puppy bitch

2. minor puppy dog

2A minor puppy bitch

and so on and so on till we end up with class 11 and 11A Open dog and bitch

Hope that gives you all a bit of an insight to classes. Jill

Interesting.

In the UK the KC recognised that obedience and agility pups need to go to shows to socialize and get used to being in a show environment. However show pups aren't allowed to do this until they are 6 months old. Can't even go and sleep in a crate or sit on someone's lap and be cuddled.

Not quite sure what this says about the KC's views on showing and show folks. :- "

What a stunning pup , he reminds me of my old dog Peperone Passat. I`ll try and find a photo of him at that age for you to see. :p

Best wishes to Luke for a great show career. I'm sure that he will do well for you and Narelle. Certainly some lovely dogs starting to show up again around SE Qld. Hope to see him at Gundogs and Heavy breeds show tonight!

Hi Jax,

I would love to see a photo of him. I feel honoured that you should think that Luke has any resemblance to a dog of the class of Peperone Passat. Jill

Back