The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Latest On Floyd

Lise

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been reading through previous posts as I want to make sure Floyd is eating enough, putting on weight etc.

He weighs 23 lb and is 20 1/2 inches tall (approx, he was moving about a bit) do I measure to shoulder?

He looks like a leggy dog to me, and not as muscular as other whippets I have seen both online and out and about.

What sort of exercise will help him to fill out, is he still growing, and am I as usual worrying to much??

The fireworks didn't bother him at all and he sat wuite happily next to my dads bonfire, wrapped in industrial bubble wrap (used for insulating acres vast glass houses)

Have included one or two pics of a walk on the beach (spot the whippet in the first pic disguised by speed and seaweed and burning off his borzoi buddie)

Fraisthorpe_October_2005__2.jpg

Fraisthorpe_October.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
he looks fine to me Lise - lovely in fact :wub: I think they all look a bit leggy at some stage in their growth - as long as hes healthy and happy and eating & pooing well etc) I shouldnt worry too much. :thumbsup:

he looks fine to me Lise - lovely in fact :wub: I think they all look a bit leggy at some stage in their growth - as long as hes healthy and happy and eating & pooing well etc) I shouldnt worry too much. :thumbsup:

I think others will tell you also Lise - it will depend on the dogs breeding too - as to its size and weight and how it eventually turns out.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the 2nd pic he looks stunning, he looks well covered his coats nice and shiny,id just carry on doing what your doing he looks fine. :))

Hi,

Thank you for your help, I know that whippets are lean but he does have some pointy areas, elbow and hips, but I suppose he's still growing and using loads of energy just by being him!

he is 7 months and 2 weeks, when do whippets fully mature?

I am looking forward to taking Floyd back to the breeder we got him from, next year, its a 4 hour journey each way but will be worth it!

Lise & Floyd

He looks in great condition, can't see any ribs at all (wish I could keep mine like that). Just carry on the good work :thumbsup:

Back