The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Lake District...more Pix

stormydog

Registered
Reaction score
Here are the final few shots taken from sunday around Ullswater and Thirlmere.

along side Ullswater..

cumbria08052.jpg

then off to Thirlsmere..."BAA BAA black sheep...and a tiny minority of whites...."

cumbria08046.jpg

the west side of Thirlmere along a windy road climbing then dropping under a cloud of the finest rain/mist ive ever felt.

cumbria08049.jpg

cumbria08050.jpg

we climbed down lake-side and let the dogs have a dip

cumbria08051.jpg

wooshhhhh....the noise of this bad-boy was tremendous...!

cumbria08047.jpg

youll be glad to know thats the end of the Cumbrian pix... -_-

hope you enjoyed them..if youve ever gota clear your shed and need time out...go there my dear k9 chums... :thumbsup:

WHOOOOOPS heres my doggies

Colt and China (guinness book of records unofficial Worlds Smallest Greyhound) about to throw eggs on faces......ducccccccccck....(eggs) :thumbsup:

cumbria08042.jpg

You see this island?

cumbria08049.jpg

When I was about 9, me, Mum & Dad went there for the day after picking up a little Tibetan Terrier. Dad fished, Mum sunbathed and I caught minnows in a jam jar. Happy memories. :)

:) Wish i could go and live there, i love that kind of weather, :p

Don't think i will have to duck John when the eggs are flying. :lol: :lol: Di.

just stunning scenery isnt it?? looks so beautiful..love the pic of colt and china :huggles:

Great photos again John :thumbsup:

Referring to WILD WHIPPIES post . I can recall catching minnows in Windermere as ten year old. Fifty years ago. No pics sadly. D I don't think cameras were invented then :) Great memories. :thumbsup:

My OH and I were sat in that very spot on Thirlmere (where you climbed down to the Lakeside) last Friday afternoon, having a flask of tea :)

You're certainly travelling around a bit at the mo! :teehee:

Lovely photos.

Some years ago, my friends had a chalet at the edge of Thirlmere and we went to visit them. My first show whippet, Tiggy, was with us and she went for an impromptu swim in the lake with our fiends' westie. The next day Tiggie won two first at the Middlesborough Dog Show - I'm convinced it was partly because her coat was so soft and smooth after her swim.

I love that part of the country.

Great pics, the Lakes is one of our favourite places. Hope you all had a good time there.

Hope you all had a fantastic time, Colt and China look as though they had! :)

could just sit there now..soaking up the beautiful scenery...glass of wine in hand :- "

Brilliant pictures John, and as ever, such gorgous dogs :thumbsup: :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
stormydog said:
WHOOOOOPS  heres my doggies
Colt and China (guinness book of records unofficial Worlds Smallest Greyhound) about to throw eggs on faces......ducccccccccck....(eggs)  :thumbsup:

cumbria08042.jpg

Wow, your 2 are looking as stunning as ever :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Painted Lady said:
could just sit there now..soaking up the beautiful scenery...glass of wine in hand :- "
mmm, might just join ya sarah, but can you make mine a vody & bitter lemon :thumbsup:

hely said:
Painted Lady said:
mmm, might just join ya sarah, but can you make mine a vody & bitter lemon :thumbsup:

haha!!! now yer talkin bird!!!! vodka oclock :teehee: looks gorgeous there doesnt it hely...nice and tranquil....then we arrive :eek:

Painted Lady said:
hely said:
Painted Lady said:

haha!!! now yer talkin bird!!!! vodka oclock :teehee: looks gorgeous there doesnt it hely...nice and tranquil....then we arrive :eek:

mmm, remind to keep the boot shut :- "

Back