The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Knocked Down Like A Skittle....

mydannyboy

Registered
Reaction score
my beautiful whippies were running in a field thursday morning when i saw at the last second that they were going to run into me! they hit me in my legs from behind and down i went! they knew something was wrong and stayed next to me whilst i tried to make a call for help. the result was a compound fracture to my right wrist - i am right handed! - with 3 wires / pins. 33 hrs later i was home from hospital and my boys seem to know somethings up - or it could just be that they are wondering what this strange pot thing their mum has attached to her arm! i always thought they might knock me over one day and they did it with style! i still love them to bits though!!! anne

OMG....hope you recover quickly... :thumbsup:

I know the feeling well when all three come hurtling towards you.. (w00t) Ive been knocked off my feet too...

Get well soon. :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep been there done that..........when Al got me i thought

he killed me it was like getting hit by a train :wacko:

I hope you soon recover and start to learn how to dodge :lol:

poor you!!! :huggles:

it should be in the whippet handbook lol :D

I'm sorry but (w00t) :lol: has to be done sorry :oops:

My boxers used to take me out but unlike whippets they used to then jump on me to finish the game :lol:

Hope it feels more comfortable soon........and sorry for laughing :huggles:

Ouch you poor thing, :( glad you still live them to bits though. :huggles: :huggles:

as for sensing something's wrong they definitely do, Jesse was only about 5 months old

when I came home from hospital after having my appendix removed. I was so worried about him going crazy and jumping on me, but he knew something was wrong, when I sat down he jumped up very carefully and gently put his head on my lap :wub: :huggles: :wub: Bless him, o:)

Sonia and Jesse xx

:oops: That sounds nasty - hope your wrist is better soon. :thumbsup: My two pulled me over today - a combination of really strong winds, Muffin pulling, Jonah barking at a young dalmation who came around the corner, and my trainers slipping on the gravel. (w00t) I was wearing thick jeans so not too much damage to my knees but very embarrassing! :b

:lol: :oops: sorry for laffing hope your arm heals quick ,you really must learn how to dodge them better :- " i mean when my lot of are off on one me and poppy run and hide behind a tree :- " :lol: im shure people think im mentaly retarded when they see me running for dear life from a pack of 4 whippets until im safley behind a tree or hedge :lol: :lol:

aww! poor you little toe rags for that arent they :lol: yep been there done that hope you get better soon and may i suggest you learn how to dodge :lol: :huggles:

nicky12 said:
:lol:   :oops: sorry for laffing hope your arm heals quick ,you really must learn how to dodge them better  :- " i mean when my lot of are off on one me and poppy run and hide behind a tree  :- "  :lol: im shure people think im mentaly retarded when they see me running for dear life from a pack of 4 whippets until im safley behind a tree or hedge  :lol:   :lol:
I do that as well Nicky - glad to hear I'm not the only one! :lol:

Welcome to the world of whippets, :lol: ive been on the deck many a time

hope you ok

:cheers:

nicky12 said:
:lol:   :oops: sorry for laffing hope your arm heals quick ,you really must learn how to dodge them better  :- " i mean when my lot of are off on one me and poppy run and hide behind a tree  :- "  :lol: im shure people think im mentaly retarded when they see me running for dear life from a pack of 4 whippets until im safley behind a tree or hedge  :lol:   :lol:
:lol: (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) :lol:

Was browsing and had to add to this thread.

My secret, and it works for me (to date (w00t) ) if i see them come hurtling towards me i stop and stand still and they always dodge me! The way i see it - they dont ever run into a tree. :blink: this is famous last words though! :oops: (w00t)

Anyway hope you recover soon.

Marie. :huggles:

Hope your wrist soon heals. I was once knocked over from behind by a 7 month old Irish Wolfhound puppy and I thought a car had mounted the kerb and run me over (w00t)

marier05 said:
Was browsing and had to add to this thread. My secret, and it works for me (to date  (w00t) ) if i see them come hurtling towards me i stop and stand still and they always dodge me!  The way i see it - they dont ever run into a tree.  :blink:   this is famous last words though!  :oops:   (w00t)

Anyway hope you recover soon.

Marie.  :huggles:

Greyhound William has run into a tree on more than one occassion but then again he is pretty thick :oops:

Poor you - hope it's not too sore!

My old lurcher once ran into a tree and knocked himself out! Dad had to carry him home and he was a big dog! A couple of days with a headache and he was okay.

I was in the field once and three of the whippies came hurtling blindly towards me so I beat them to it and just sat down on the grass anyway. We still ended up in a big pile :huggles: But I have been knocked over with a dog to the back of my knees.

Also my dogs have crashed into each other! Years ago one of my whippets broke part of her nose crashing into the other in a HUGE field... they were the only two in it but they managed to hit each other. There was so much blood from her nose I thought she was dying and I probably broke the speed limit getting to the vet!

It's hard to know which way to sidestep when they come from behind ay!

Hope u mend quick :flowers:

They're little hellers, aren't they?!!!!! (w00t) :oops:

Hope you recover quickly :luck: - I know how frustrating it is to be in your situation! :blink:

oh dear im sorry about your wrist, hope it recovers soon :thumbsup:

Back