The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Just Starting Out

quinny13

Registered
Reaction score
Hi :D just started up racing i have two peds,mother and son combo. Age three and one. I have been schooling at blidworth non peds. I just wanted to know how things are different bewteen the two. I heard about some differences and just like to if out more so i can come across and not look like a prat :huh:

Don't worry about looking like a prat - it doesn't seem to bother anyone else :lol:

There's not too much difference between dog racing and whippet racing :- " The main difference is the weight limits, which go a lot higher with non peds. And it's generally accepted that pedigrees are slower than non-peds.

That said, I think that quite a few non-ped clubs do have a pedigree section. But situated as you are (I assume) near Nottingham, there isn't a close pedigree club - possibly Hearts of England may be your nearest.

:luck: with your whippets, and remember THEY will have fun where ever they race because bunnies are non-denominational :D

The peds and non peds have a different way of trapping dogs etc .....Try going to your local ped club and you'll see the difference and you'll be able to ask loads of questions :D ......

Back