The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Italian Greyhound

jkbjackson

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

I really Really want a Italian Greyhound but not sure where the best place to look for someone who is a breader. Can anyone help and how much do they normally sell for?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
hi and welcome , good luck in your search , pm Jan doherty and ask her advice , also ill put a couple of links on for your reading which may help you , decide whether you really wish to go ahead , or maybe wait til your son is older? ive done it both the wrong and the right way and now hopefully i am giving correct advice , believe me though they are NOT for the faint hearted lol , good luck xx

http://www.k9community.co.uk/forums/index....showtopic=50461

http://www.k9community.co.uk/forums/index....showtopic=58884

hello there :D im shure everyone would like an italian greyhound ,ok im by no means an expert on this breed but over the course of a yr or so iv done alot of reaserch into the breed i sugest you do a bit yourself ,i see you have a small child 18mths ,im not one to judge as iv been judged myself ,but after getting my lily i can honestly say there not a suitable dog for people that have small children as they get under your feet and you have to have eyes in the back of your head also i couldnt imagine copeing with a child of that age and an iggy :b there VERY VERY VERY hyper and fling themselves around and i spend most of my day following lily around making shure she doesnt get hurt as there so fragile,if you think a whippet pup is nuts :teehee: then you wont no whats hit you with an iggy there 10 times as nuttyer (w00t) if you can find a breeder go have a chat to them :D good luck in your search :D and all the best in whatever you decided :D

hello there :D im shure everyone would like an italian greyhound
I wouldn't want one :lol: I'll stick with my whippets.

I couldn't cope with one of those mental little iggys :b

:lol: bugger and there was me thinking i could get you to iggy sit IF ever i went on holiday :lol: :p

blame me nicky , :b , she had the alice experience :clown: :D sorry nicky :b and sorry ann for letting alice loose on ya :D

:lol: bugger and there was me thinking i could get you to iggy sit IF ever i went on holiday :lol: :p

blame me nicky , :b , she had the alice experience :clown: :D sorry nicky :b and sorry ann for letting alice loose on ya :D
i just like to say that my lily is nowere as naughty as baby alice ann :- shes a little angel and does as shes told :-

stay with the whippets i like tanya did it the hard way but they are a lovely dog but so much hard work like nicky says eyes in the back of your head,

give it time go see a few breeders read books go to shows then maybe when your little one is older give it even more thought

but all the best

jackie

Back