Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Irish Game & Country Fair

AlbertJ

Registered
Reaction score
Top Terrier & Lurcher Events at the ROI's Only REAL Game Fair,

28th & 29th August 2010 Birr Castle, Co Offaly

organised by the Mid Antrim Terrier & Lurcher Club

The Great Game Fairs of Ireland are renowned for their Terrier, Lurcher & Whippet events through their hosting of the All Ireland Terrier & Lurcher Championships at Shanes Castle and the ROI Championships at Birr. Although our format has been copied it has never been bettered and this year we launch the Redmills/ Irish Countrysports and Country Life Five Nations International Working Terrier Championships to be followed in 2011 by a similar lurcher championship.

The ROI TERRIER, LURCHER & WHIPPET CHAMPIONSHIPS

Irish Game & Country Fair, Birr Castle

SHOWING

OVERALL SHOW CHAMPION €50 + Tankard

CHAMPION TERRIER €50 + Tankard + Dog Food PLUS this is the ROI QUALIFIER for the FIVE NATIONS INTERNATIONAL TERRIER CHAMPIONSHIPS with over €2,000 in prizes. THE Champion Terrier also wins €50 expenses from the Five Nations Prize Fund.

CHAMPION LURCHER €50 + Tankard + Dog Food

CHAMPION WHIPPET €50 + Tankard+ Dog Food

PUPPY CHAMPION Tankard + Dog Food

CHAMPION PET Trophy + Dog Food

LURCHER & WHIPPET RACING

1st PLACED WHIPPET RECEIVES €50 +Tankard

2nd PLACED WHIPPET RECEIVES Trophy

1st PLACED OVER 23” LURCHER €50 +Tankard

2nd PLACED LURCHER RECEIVES Trophy

1st PLACED UNDER 23” LURCHER RECEIVES €50 +Tankard

2nd PLACED UNDER 23” LURCHER RECEIVES Trophy

TERRIER RACING

1st PLACED TERRIER – TROPHY + Rosette +Dog Food

ENTRY FEE IN ALL CLASSES : £3 or €5

NEW Irish Countryports & Country Life ROI PUPPY CHAMPIONSHIP judged by Mathew Lee Jnr.

Selected from: Champion Terrier Puppy; Champion Whippet Puppy and Champion Lurcher Puppy

Overall champion puppy receives engraved tankard plus championship rosette plus annual subscription to the Irish Countrysports and Life magazine .

The NEW Redmills/Irish Countrysports and Country Life Five Nations Working Terrier Championship:

for the first time Birr will host a qualifier and the final of this unique event judged by a three judge system. Here the top dogs of the terrier world from across Ireland and the UK will compete for this new and highly prestigious terrier crown. The top terrier at Birr will meet the qualifier from Shanes Castle , a qualifier from the famous Scottish Neilston Working Dog Club Show; English qualifiers from the Yorkshire Game Fair and the Earth Dog Running Dog Show and a Welsh qualifier from the famous North Wales Chirk Show.

Top prize includes a specially engraved champion’s tankard and a Champion’s Five Nations Cup to be won outright and a Perpetual Mask Trophy; a painting of the winning dog by famous Liverpool artist David L Prescott and €500; a framed limited edition print; and a special Terrier Box plus Redmills dog food.

Each finalist receives a Leather Terrier couple; a limited edition tankard; a limited edition presentation plate, Redmills Dog Food , an annual subscription to Irish Countrysports and Country Life Ireland’s leading plus their accommodation paid for by the clubs organising the qualifiers , their travel paid and €50 expenses.

SPECIAL TWO DAY TICKET FOR COMPETITORS for €15 /£10 for a two day pass top the events at Birr. This must be ordered and paid for before Saturday 21st August.

Last edited by a moderator:
What day is the racing on ?
i am sure it is satherday only martin which i dont agree like many others at big game fair like this should be two days racing not all people can make it satherday..and would like to see there dogs racing on sunday :thumbsup: hope this dont upset anyone just my opp ande im sure hundreds of others would agree :luck: wit the game fair albert

Looking forward to the show and the gamefair Albert. Always a great dog show and one of the best Irish Game & Country Fairs around. Is there racing and showing on both days, or just racing on Saturday, and showing on Sunday. Have you named your judges yet for Terrier/ Lurcher/ Whippets. I have been asked this question a couple of times this week. The prizes are fabulous and no doubt the competition will be tight on the day.

What day is the racing on ?
i am sure it is satherday only martin which i dont agree like many others at big game fair like this should be two days racing not all people can make it satherday..and would like to see there dogs racing on sunday :thumbsup: hope this dont upset anyone just my opp and im sure hundreds of others would agree :luck: wit the game fair albert

Looking forward to the show and the gamefair Albert. Always a great dog show and one of the best Irish Game & Country Fairs around. Is there racing and showing on both days, or just racing on Saturday, and showing on Sunday. Have you named your judges yet for Terrier/ Lurcher/ Whippets. I have been asked this question a couple of times this week. The prizes are fabulous and no doubt the competition will be tight on the day.
Margaret,

It is racing on Saturday and Show on Sunday. The reason for splitting the two days was that we were not finishing everything until 7/8 at night plus quite a few people didn't want to show and race their dogs on the same day. I have offered a two day ticket for the price of one if ordered from me before next w/e.

The terrier Judge is Des Macken.

The Five Nations Terrier Championship is being judged by a three judge system - one from Ireland ( not Des); one from Wales and Tom Chalmers AKA Foxgun Tom from Scotland.

The Lurcher judge is a well known show organiser and lurcher enthusiast from the UK who does not want named at this stage. They are very well known.

The Whippet Judge Working Dog All Rounder Tom Chalmers AKA Foxgun Tom.

The new Puppy Championships will be judged by Matt Lee Jnr

Albert

Margaret,

It is racing on Saturday and Show on Sunday. The reason for splitting the two days was that we were not finishing everything until 7/8 at night plus quite a few people didn't want to show and race their dogs on the same day. I have offered a two day ticket for the price of one if ordered from me before next w/e.

The terrier Judge is Des Macken.

The Five Nations Terrier Championship is being judged by a three judge system - one from Ireland ( not Des); one from Wales and Tom Chalmers AKA Foxgun Tom from Scotland.

The Lurcher judge is a well known show organiser and lurcher enthusiast from the UK who does not want named at this stage. They are very well known.

The Whippet Judge Working Dog All Rounder Tom Chalmers AKA Foxgun Tom.

The new Puppy Championships will be judged by Matt Lee Jnr

Albert
puppy judge matt lee jnr.. :teehee: (w00t)

Wont make it for the racing then as i`m coming back from Portugal Saturday evening ! Pity ! Was going to bring my new pup Ginger Jack down for a day out !

When you hoping to run another meeting Shane ?

Back