The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Insurance

ClaireEM1073

Registered
Reaction score
Is it just me or is finding new pet instance an absolute nightmare? My head feels like it's been in a mixer!!
Everyone I find that I think look a good with excellent cover and decent premium I go look for reviews and they are awful!

I'll be honest,I don't bother with insurance,I cancelled it all years ago. Now I just have a emergency fund set aside just incase. But it also helps that the vet I use is reasonable when it comes to prices.

I'm another that has a dog saving fund. We started it a long time ago, putting aside each month, (initially we started with what the insurance was and have only increased it once). The lowest it came down to was a year that both a dog and a cat needed operations, but it did stay in credit. The only downside is you need to be able to cover a large bill in the first few years, but if you can then it is the cheapest option.

Yeah from experience I can't cover a large outlay to begin with. My last insurance company was a pain in the behind but paid some of the money eventually. It is a minefield.

I am with Bought By Many and life time cover is £27 monthly for two dogs with £7000 cover each. I haven't claimed yet but they have a good reputation.

I am with Bought By Many and life time cover is £27 monthly for two dogs with £7000 cover each. I haven't claimed yet but they have a good reputation.
I did look at them for my elderly Beardie before he passed away and they were very expensive for him. Maybe they are cheaper for a younger dog. I will have a look thank you.

Back