The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Incredible Sight

JAX

Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday I was looking out of my patio window at my garden when a Kestral swooped down and took one of the sparrows from the ivy just feet away from the window , It promptlyt killed the por sparrow and started plucky it and eating it right in front of me , Luckily I had my camera to hand and took these shots . Ivelived here 35 years and never seen this before , mind yu I have only started feeding my birds so close to the house for about 18 months. I must have at least 20 sparrows ( or did!)

just_caught_mini.jpg

plucking_mini.jpg

close_up_best_mini.jpg

good_mini.jpg

Great pics - It must have been exciting to see that in your garden.

Great pics. Is a sparrow hawk though not a kestrel- hence the eating of the sparrow!!! You may well see it again as they tend to return to same places to hunt. X

:thumbsup: Wow, thats a brill pic, lucky to have such a stunning bird in your garden Jax

Great pictures Jax,Sparrowhawk lovely bird once they land on prey they seem unmovable i have got within a couple of feet whilst out walking

Great pics. Is a sparrow hawk though not a kestrel- hence the eating of the sparrow!!! You may well see it again as they tend to return to same places to hunt. X

But I dont really want it in my garden again !! I love my sparrows

Amazing photos! I know you like the sparrows but all birds have to eat ;)

Amazing photos! I know you like the sparrows but all birds have to eat ;)
I know. Ive seen the magpies , most years . flying off with one of my baby blackbirds :angry:

WOW, great pix Jax. Poor sparrow though.

Gosh you were lucky to get those photos. Yes he's a male sparrowhawk. We get them in our garden from time to time. We even had one eating a sparrow in our greenhouse for a good 10 minutes one year! Fantastic to watch.

Lucky you ;)

Back