The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

I'm New Here....

lauradarlo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All , I've just signed up but been looking through the forums for a while.

Currently searching for my first whippet puppy . I just missed out on getting one as it was only a small litter :(

Any help , advise or if you know of any planned litters in the north east area would be greatly appreciated :)

Laura x

Hi Laura and welcome to K9 :D

I'm sure you will find your ideal whippet through the forum, there is so much experience and advice to be had here and some of the best puppies are bred by K9 members :thumbsup:

wlcome to K9, :luck: good luck in your search for a whippet :wub: , people will contact you by PM if they know of any pups, also PM the posters of any littlers, as advertising litters for sale is against forum rules ;) but they might have pups still available :))

are you looking for just a pet? or showing, coursing or racing potential :))

Hi and welcome , hope you get your whippet puppy soon :)

wlcome to K9, :luck: good luck in your search for a whippet :wub: , people will contact you by PM if they know of any pups, also PM the posters of any littlers, as advertising litters for sale is against forum rules ;) but they might have pups still available :))
are you looking for just a pet? or showing, coursing or racing potential :))
Hi , i'm looking for a pet. Me and my partner Andy have been looking for a while. Thanks everyone for all the good luck messages :) x

Hi and welcome :D I,m sure you will find the right pup soon :luck:

hi laura and welcome to k9 , im sure you wont be waiting too long,just a little word of warning though,when i first joined this forum i had just 2 girls and since then the 2 have grown to 7 so beware they are a little addictive :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Laura and welcome to K9 ... I hope you find your whippet puppy soon :luck:

I used to work in Darlington ... around twenty years ago!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness, now I really feel old :lol:

Jill

I won't say how old i was then :p lol

Just want to say Thank you to everyone for your replys and messages , i have a bit of an update that has taken us on a different route. My partner had been in touch with a whippet & greyhound rescue center and they called last night to say they think they have the perfect dog for us. He's 3 and ex racing greyhound . He's coming to visit us on saturday !! :) x

Hi Laura, great news you may have been 'chosen' !

Our neighbours have recently adopted a young ex racer greyhound, she is very pretty, black about 2 or 3, they called her Gertie.

It's a slow process as she's extremely timid and scared to even venture into the living room, we went round to see her and she very sadly just stood in the corner, nose into the corner and reluctantly turned around to face us with head hung low. But I've seen her coming back from the corner shop this week looking like she's a bit more confident, according to all the rescuers on here it's a long journey but the fantastic pet you get is worth it all.

Good luck with yours, Julie

Welcome to K9 Laura, and good luck with the boy when he arrives. Retired greyhounds make such lovely pets - they haven't always had the nicest of lives, and so appreciate love and attention so much in a good home - you will love him I'm sure. I hope it all works out, and we would love to see pics of him - good luck :luck:

Thanks so much everyone for your kind words. Really looking forward to meeting him. They've named him connor but we're thinking of renaming him Hendrix. Will put pics up asap :D

Hi Lauradarlo, I'm new here also. I have two rescue dogs, a whippet cross and an unknown parentage type! (two cats and a hamster as well). We are having our first whippet puppy in May and seeing the litter for the first time on Saturday - had lots of gorgeous photos but this will be the first time in the flesh as it were. The kennel is Citycroft and their bitch, Ruby, had a beautiful litter of seven pups in March :wub: . I know they have one bitch available but it would mean you travelling to Shropshire (well worth it) and I do know that one family is coming from Scotland! If you want more details and photos of mum and babies just key in Citycroft and click on. Good luck in your search.

All Ruby's babies have wonderful homes waiting for them now. :thumbsup:

Just seen your update. Good luck with the greyhound - they are such lovely dogs. Took husband along to RGT Nantwich some months ago and he just couldn't cope with their size (he's a wimp I'm afraid) which is why we are going for a whippet. He thinks a whippet puppy will be easier than an adult grey :b - ignorance is bliss and I'm certainly not going to enlighten him! Would love to see pics of you grey when/if you get him.

Back