The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Id Tags

veronyc

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

Could you recommend a mail order ID tags service?

I got mine from my local keys and locks shop but I am not too pleased with the quality.

Many thanks

I thought it was a legal requirement to have your address on a dog tag these days (I might be wrong though)

I use Identitag

www.identitag.co.uk

Joanna said:
I thought it was a legal requirement to have your address on a dog tag these days (I might be wrong though)I use Identitag

www.identitag.co.uk

I think you are right Jo. :thumbsup:

We've used the ones from here http://www.pettag.co.uk/acatalog/Tags_for_Dogs.html for the past 5 years. We use the silver bone shaped ones that hang from the corner. They print both sides. We have their name and our phone number on the front, and then address on the back.

They stand up well and are excellent quality.

Wendy

chelynnah said:
We've used the ones from here http://www.pettag.co.uk/acatalog/Tags_for_Dogs.html for the past 5 years.  We use the silver bone shaped ones that hang from the corner.  They print both sides.  We have their name and our phone number on the front, and then address on the back.
They stand up well and are excellent quality.

Wendy

I used to run a pet shop and sold these tags,and we always advised NO-ONE to put both their name address AND telephone number on them as we had quite a lot of burglaries that happened to people and could be connected to the dog tags,as they were able to say that they happened shortly after either someone had been admiring and petting their dog/dogs or asking about the tags ie where they got them or their dogs had been missing and then found.So from that we realised that some "lovely people" were getting the number and address from the tags and ringing the number to see if they got an answer (as the people were also able to say that previous to the burglaries they had strange phone calls where the caller hung up on the phone being answered) and if not, then they knew the house was empty.Now I know this is maybe slightly paranoid but it is just a thought.Also we dont like to put our dogs names on the tags either (just our surname and tele no) as I personally think there is more chance of the dog going with strangers and feeling more at ease with them if they know it's name,again just a thought. :)

Thanks for the warning. We've thought long and hard about it. Phone number and address so dog can be returned (also law) easily. Their name because if they're lost they're scared. I know it's a risk, but it's one we're willing to take if it means one of the girls is legitimately lost at least she'll be more comfortable if someone knows her name till she's returned.

Our name isn't on the tags

Wendy

Here are the people i got all my tags for my animals, they were fantastic, I got them withing 5 days all the way from UK to OZ!!!

tags

I would not put address on the tag either, just phone number, that is enough. I do not wish for every person who we meet and pets my dogs to know where i live. I used to have those little capsules where i could put my address inside them, but they were for ever becoming undone and lost. In any case my dogs are all microchipped so vet or pound attendant has an access to my address and other contact numbers.

Back