The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

I Feel A Fool Sorry...

snapdogs

Registered
Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]I WISH I HAD KEPT MY MOUTH SHUT UNTIL WE HAD OUR RESCUE DOG HERE...[/SIZE]

I TELEPHONED THE FOSTERER TONIGHT TO ARRANGE A TIME TO COLLECT LITTLE SOPHIE... TOMORROW, SHE SAID SHE NEEDED TO SPEAK TO THE FOSTERER CO-ORDINATOR AND WOULD PHONE ME BACK... I HAD A STRANGE FEELING THEN SOMETHING WAS NOT RIGHT! THEN THE CALL CAME, I STOOD IN MY KITCHEN CRYING... AND THE FOSTERER WAS UPSET ON HER END OF THE PHONE... SHE SAID SHE COULD'NT PART WITH SOPHIE, I AM GUTTED... BUT I AM SO VERY HAPPY FOR LITTLE SOPHIE BECAUSE I KNOW THAT THIS WOMAN REALLY LOVES HER... AFTER ALL SHE HAS HAD HER FOR 14 DAYS SHE IS SETTLED WITH HER 5 COLLIES ... I JUST ASKED THAT SHE SENT ME A PHOTO OF HER A YEAR FROM NOW... I SAID IT WAS JUST MENT TO BE... BUT I REALLY FEEL A FOOL

THATS ALL I CAN SAY I'M SORRY.

:( I,m so sorry for your disappointment.As you say you know that Sophie will be loved but that doesn't make you feel better.Have a good cry tonight and think about doing something nice to try to distract yourself tomorrow....think I'll go for a wee weep myself now :flowers:

Oh dear, that's a disappointment. :(

The fosterer clearly loves her though, so a good ending for Sophie. They'll be another Sophie out there, waiting just for you. :huggles:

You have no reason to feel foolish, :huggles: :huggles: these things happen and usually for a reason it means that now 2 dogs will be getting a lovely new home Sophie and yours when he/she comes along :luck: :luck:

*Lesley* said:
You have no reason to feel foolish, :huggles:   :huggles:   these things happen and usually for a reason it means that now 2 dogs will be getting a lovely new home Sophie and yours when he/she comes along :luck:   :luck:
THANKS LESLEY

I'm sorry that this has happened to you. It's such a shame that the fosterer couldn't have made this decision earlier but I guess that she/he just couldn't let Sophie go in the end.

There are so many dogs out there looking for a forever home that you'll find another one when you are ready.

The unwanted Christmas pressie lurcher pups have already started to go into rescues. There were 4 unwanted lurcher litters before Christmas most of which were hairy ones. What is going on?

Sorry little rant there. :oops:

It just disgusts me the number of unwanted dogs there are around.

You were/are prepared to open your hearts and home to an unwanted dog so never, ever feel sorry for doing that. :thumbsup:

how disapointing, but as others already said; there is some other lovely dog desperately needing home just waiting for you :luck:

Awwww you must be so dissapointed, can't believe the fosterer left it right up until the last minute though to break the news to you :(

You'll find your dog soon, there's loads to choose from!

It's rough when that happens but at least she has a good home she's already happy in. As others have said, you'll find the right dog for you when the time is right. :) :huggles:

There's absolutley no reason to feel foolish- its so not your fault. You must be terribly terribly dissapointed. I'm so sorry :( :huggles:

But at least Sophie has a lovely home now, and as you have decided to take a rescue in at least one more poor rescue dog will have a wonderful home with you :)

:luck: :luck: for finding someone equally special when the time is right

:( oh no :(

i'm glad sophie has a good home, no matter who with, but she should have told you sooner.

its not much, but at least you've got a list of names to choose from when you get your rescue dog :luck:

That is so rotten! What a shame for you. Glad Sophie will be happy where she is, but I do feel the fosterer should have been more honest with herself and you :(

I am really sorry to hear your news, you must be really upset. The only good things to come from this are that you know Sophie has a loving home - and some other lucky rescue dog is going to get you!!

I know how difficult it is as a fosterer, I have sobbed myself to sleep some nights when my dogs have gone to their new homes - but - if I don't let that one go, there is no room for another and as most of our dogs come from the pound where they only have 7 days, a lot more would have been PTS. It's the only way I can cope with letting go. I am half dreading :wub: Mia :wub: going, she fits in with us like she has always been here. But, she deserves a home to herself, and some lucky person is going to get so much love - and there will be room for another one here!!

Good luck, and let us all know when you havve found another dog. :luck: :luck: :luck:

So sorry to hear you news you must be so dissapointed :( You do not need to feel foolish you wern't to know this would happen. The right dog will come to you, good luck :luck: :luck:

Julie

PLease don't feel foolish.....how sad to have your emotions put through the mangle like that. :(

Will you go for another rescue? ....Sometimes it is a particular dog that tugs at the heart strings...there are so many....maybe you could find room for another pair of sad eyes seeking love and a good home.......... :huggles:

all things considered i think you are being very understanding, i would be devestated if that happened to me. It is lovely that sophie has a home now but i still think you have every reason to be upset . good luck in finding a new dog , hopefully just around the corner is a dog even more suitable for you.

sorry it hasnt worked out for you :( at least you know Sophie has a good home and Im sure another dog that is just right is out there some where. :luck: :luck:

awww,sorry its turned out like that.you must be devastated. :( you arent foolish,you offered a kind loving home to an unwanted dog and you opened up your heart and your home.another one will be the right one for you,theres lots of rescue organisations who would love to give a dog to you. :thumbsup: cheer up :huggles:

Back