The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

How Much Grass Do Your Dogs Eat?

clairej810

Registered
Reaction score
I was just wondering how much grass other peoples dogs eat?

Max and Tiny seem to se turning into sheep! (w00t) They like to spend about 20 minutes grazing. There's nothing wrong with them, no upset tummies or anything, but it does seem rather a long time to be munching grass - although it saves on cutting the lawn!! :thumbsup: (w00t)

clairej810 said:
Max and Tiny seem to se turning into sheep! (w00t)   They like to spend about 20 minutes grazing.  There's nothing wrong with them, no upset tummies or anything, but it does seem rather a long time to be munching grass - although it saves on cutting the lawn!! :thumbsup:   (w00t)

Tilly and Bean eat so much grass there poo is like a horses (w00t)

Milo has always eaten grass this time of year - an obcessive grasser. Riley has started too. It is a myth about it helping to make them sick, it came from the fact that when a long bit got caught on their throat, they coughed it up. I think it has nurtiants in it that are benifical, at this time of year. I also have heard that they eat it when they have a slightly upset stomach as it binds the poo up a bit.

Yes, Muffin eats quite a lot of grass too. He has his favourite spots - must be tastier grass there! :- " I sometimes spend ages waiting for him to finish grazing when we're out on walks! :lol: Josh was always a big grass eater as well.

clairej810 said:
Max and Tiny seem to se turning into sheep! (w00t)   They like to spend about 20 minutes grazing.  There's nothing wrong with them, no upset tummies or anything, but it does seem rather a long time to be munching grass - although it saves on cutting the lawn!! :thumbsup:   (w00t)

Grace eats loads this time of year.The reason for this is that the grass is very sweet and sugary.It is only like this for about a month.They love it (w00t)

mine eat a fair bit too,they prefer the big juicy pieces best.

can be a nuisance when they pass it out the other end when and it gets stuck. :x

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes i think mine have turned into cows, they would just sit there eating it if they werent on leads, it seems to be the long green reed sort of grass mine like.

mine dont touch it really...maybe monty will as he grows up but casper never does...gypsy does a bit but it requires staying still which she does not do often! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Phew that's alright then!! I thought my two were weird! (w00t)

I took them down to my allotment this afternoon and they stood there munching for ages - all the lovely long bright green bits - they are super lawn mowers!! :lol:

trish and graham said:
can be a nuisance when they pass it out the other end when and it gets stuck. :x
Luckily, that usually happens to Muffin when he's in the garden. I just grab a piece of kitchen roll and pull it out! (w00t) :x

gilliwigs said:
trish and graham said:
Luckily, that usually happens to Muffin when he's in the garden. I just grab a piece of kitchen roll and pull it out! (w00t) :x

Mmmmm,glad i'm not the only one that has to do that :x It's alway's Murph that gets it stuck in his bum (w00t)

My lot ate also prolific grazers at this time of year,they just love the fresh new grass,even the puppies have started to munch it :thumbsup:

alfyn said:
gilliwigs said:
trish and graham said:

Mmmmm,glad i'm not the only one that has to do that :x It's alway's Murph that gets it stuck in his bum (w00t)

My lot ate also prolific grazers at this time of year,they just love the fresh new grass,even the puppies have started to munch it :thumbsup:

Ditto - I sometimes have to come home with a paper hanky in my pocket that I have used to 'assist' Dolly. :x :lol: :lol:

I'm glad this thread came up as I was wondering if mine were lacking something in their diet. :lol:

monty eats loads of grass! all varieties, but especiall the big fat juicy field stuff :)

alfyn said:
gilliwigs said:
trish and graham said:

It's particularly embarrassing when they gallop round the field with it hanging out of their bum before I have time to remove it with a dock leaf or the like! Chloes speciality :x :lol:

jok said:
alfyn said:
gilliwigs said:
trish and graham said:

It's particularly embarrassing when they gallop round the field with it hanging out of their bum before I have time to remove it with a dock leaf or the like! Chloes speciality :x :lol:

:lol: Yeah and it's always when a car or person is passing!

A lot, think i've got 2 goats not 2 whippets :D

~Sarah~ said:
alfyn said:
gilliwigs said:
trish and graham said:

Ditto - I sometimes have to come home with a paper hanky in my pocket that I have used to 'assist' Dolly. :x :lol: :lol:

I'm glad this thread came up as I was wondering if mine were lacking something in their diet. :lol:

Yep, I have to do that too. OH always refuses so its up to me to assist :lol: and its always Lenny, never Molly. Must be a male thing (w00t)

Tiny eats that Sticky Willy stuff - you should see that when it comes out the other end!! (w00t)

Yes mine do it too, but it alwayus seems to be Tess who gets it stuck on the way out. She just sits down and waits for me to notice and go and help.

OEH said:
Yes mine do it too, but it alwayus seems to be Tess who gets it stuck on the way out. She just sits down and waits for me to notice and go and help.

[/qu

mine expect assistance too,they walk slowly towards you half squat position,for you to sort their rears out.ha ha :x

Back