How Does Your Dogs Cope

haycroft

Registered
Reaction score
I wondering if any of you lot have wooden flooring

How does it effect your dog or dosent it

We,ve just had it laying due to the practically of it

Bow seems to be fine but then just doesnt seem to run around as much

But poor Peggys struggling abit especially trying to jump(shes not supposed really since she had her accident after having spinal damage) onto the sofa, she cant push off her back legs and then she either fall backwards or she drags her hind legs, only if she positions herslf properly she can jump up..IN the end we would have to stop her from trying

Or have you had any other problems

We have laminate through out down stairs.....brilliant stuff.

My old boy is struggling...so we have bought some non-slip mats...the sort that are in car show rooms.....these can be put in the washer....or jet washed :- "

Might not look posh....but it helps as he uses these mats as stepping stones :D

i too have wooden floors, my dogs were ok untill they run, iv ended up putting huge rugs down which defeats the object really :lol:

We've got laminate in the living room and kitchen. Taz, Meg and Jess don't seem bothered by it at all, but Sophie hates it and will only walk on it backwards (w00t) and my old boy Musky doesn't cope with it at all, he slides all over the place :(

We've ended up putting big rugs down everywhere, which as someone else said does defeat the object a bit. The rugs we chose are a sort of flat weave, though, and I still find it easier to keep clean than pile carpet. They were also relatively cheap, so it won't break my heart if we have to replace them from time to time.

ive got wooden floors throughout, bit of slipping to start with so i bought them all slippers been ok since :thumbsup:

peggy will get the hang of it jayne............gypsy still has her moments mind you............just this morning she nearly went into the fireplace while trying to get her ball (w00t)

make sure you clean it properly ...........i dont want to see water marks on it when i come round :- "

jayne..we have it all through the bottom...dogs are fine on it....no probs!

haycroft said:
I wondering if any of you lot have wooden flooringHow does it effect your dog or dosent it

We,ve just had it laying due to the practically of it

Bow seems to be fine but then just doesnt seem to run around as much

But poor Peggys struggling abit especially trying to jump(shes not supposed really since she had her accident after having spinal damage) onto the sofa, she cant push off her back legs and then she either fall backwards or she drags her hind legs, only if she positions herslf properly she can jump up..IN the end we would have to stop her from trying

Or have you had any other problems

My three dogs are fine.Even our retired Greyhound is o.k with it.So long as nothing excites them all,otherwise it,s like the Dancing On Ice finals!! :clown:

Amandaxx

The only issue Izzy has is sitting/laying down on the wooden floors downstairs.

But she gets round that by sitting on the sofa :- " :- "

I however have put her a floor cushion in each room and a suggle sack from Alfyn in the living room :thumbsup:

The snuggle sack works a treat and generally keeps her off the sofa, worth it's weight in gold :D

Back