The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Hillsdown Whippets

AlexBlack

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all!

I recently happened across the Whippet Archives (http://thewhippetarchives.net which is a very interesting Whippet pedigree database) I decided to dig out the extended pedigree i had drawn up for my first whippet and enter some dogs.

However, i've encountered a problem! For example, i am convinced there is a bitch called "Hillsdown Siobhan" but other seem to be of the opinion that the correct name is "Siobhan of Hillsdown". I, however, am tending towards there being two different bitches here!

So, now my question is did i make an error here?

I think the bitches in question are:

Siobhan of Hillsdown (sire: Black Knight of Carmodian dam: Hillsdown Tobique)

Hillsdown Siobhan (sire: Oakbark Middleman dam: Hillsdown Riosin)

Can ANYONE help? This is really niggling at me! I spent weeks when i was a teenager drawing up this pedigree - my parents thought i was insane!

:)

Alex

No her name was Siobhan of Hillsdown, Im on the phone with Patsy and she did the mating, she was by Blackknight out of Tobique, no question. That is the trouble with Whippet archives, they get it wrong plus they do not ask breeders permission to use pedigrees or photos.

Nicky

Siobhan was mated to Middleman to produce Ch Nicely Naughty of Birkonbrae

Nicky

UKUSA said:
No her name was Siobhan of Hillsdown, Im on the phone with Patsy and she did the mating, she was by Blackknight out of Tobique, no question. That is the trouble with Whippet archives, they get it wrong plus they do not ask breeders permission to use pedigrees or photos.Nicky

That's what the whippet archives has. They do not have, that I could find, a dog name Hillsdown Siobhan. They did have offspring from Oakbark Middleman X H. Riosin listed, none of which were H. Siobhan. Then they had a H. Siobeal (Oakbark Middleman X Siobhan of Hillsdown).

Numbers are much easier (and more precise) to deal with than names!

Louanne

Siobhan produced some beautiful babies!

Nicky

Back