The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Highlights Of 2004

Veredon

Russ
Registered
Reaction score
;) It all seems to have gone a bit quiet on the 'whippet showing' forum this last week....as this year draws to a close thought it might be nice to hear different members 'Favourite Moments' of 2004 in the show ring? Weather it be with your own stock or just seeing a favourite whippet of yours doing well.

Ok! I'll be in this! :D

1. March - DeeDee winning Crufts

2. July - Winning Baby Puppy in show with Dino

3. September - gaining 4th with Dino at the National Specialty and 1st with Dino and 3rd with Aime at the Melbourne Royal. A Queenslander (owner, not dog - shame it wasn't both) winning the National Specialty. The pups' Dad, Darcy, winning CC and RUBOB at the Melbourne Royal and his sister PJ winning the Contest of Winners at the Congress Dinner.

4. October - winning a BOB & Reserve in Group with Dino and a BOB and Best in Group with Aime

my favourite moment was seeing hubby getting third place with our peter at crufts :D and seeing a whippet getting best in show.

also peter getting BOB AND RESERVE HOUND AT A OPEN SHOW.

seeing other k9's doing well at shows and meeting k9ers :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No way could you beat Dee DEE winning Best in Show at Crufts ,, but for me personnally ,

May 04 Buffee , having 5 lovely healthy puppies :wub:

June 04 , Mikkee winning Best Puppy in Show at Midland Whippet .

Sept 04 Winning Junior Stakes with Mikkee at Birmingham and coming 2nd behind Patsy`s Dolly , giving away 6 months in age !

But the highlight of my year has got to be my visit to [SIZE=21pt]TAMMSVIK ` [/SIZE] in July , meeting fellow K9ers , handling `Ken` :wub: , but also handling `Pepp`Badger`s son :wub: . Visiting a country Id always wanted to go to and to compine it with my favourite hobby , couldnt have been better , Thanks to all concerned , eg Malin, Tamara , Henrik, Heather etc for making it a holiday I shall be repeating ;) (w00t)

But what I am most grateful for is that all my Whips are in good health :luck: and will remain so for many years to come :luck: :luck:

Yes - definitely Dee Dee winning BIS at Crufts!! - I was just so lucky to have tickets and see it all! Loved watching the hound group too as its not often you stay long enough for that at a Champ show

Personally - Archie getting his first ever 1st at a Champ show (Richmond) YIPPEE!!!! - in fact this is the first time any dog of mine has ever got a first at a Champ show! Just a shame I didn't handle him, next time maybe... :wub:

It was also memorable seeing Elvencharm Zola at Turnstone being made up S Wales, as they were so so happy and on their home turf too!

Last edited by a moderator:
JAX said:
But the highlight of my year has got to be my visit to [SIZE=21pt]TAMMSVIK ` [/SIZE] in July
It was also the highlight of our year.

The LOW point being ............................Welcome Home Jax!!!!!!

:cheers:

RU anywhere this w'end?

Seriously though the highpoint for most of the UK show folk must have been Lynn & DeeDee going BIS at Crufts.

Personally - probably the pups we had in June - possibly the best we've ever breed

dawn said:
JAX said:
But the highlight of my year has got to be my visit to [SIZE=21pt]TAMMSVIK ` [/SIZE] in July
It was also the highlight of our year.

The LOW point being ............................Welcome Home Jax!!!!!!

:cheers:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:- " :p

No seriously it was great to meet both Heather and you :thumbsup: :cheers: !!!!! It was also great to see Stefan doing so well with his bitch as I think I could say he wasn't expecting that ;) :cheers: !

Personal highlights:

For us in France the two most important shows are the French KC Championship show and the National Specialty, both held every year in a different place. I got close seral times with second places with several of my dogs.... But the 2004 Championship show will always stay on my mind. When Mojo won open class it was already wonderfull.... when he was awarded CAC CACIB and best dog (to finish BOB) it was like a dream came true :) , this opened him the gate to access to the difficult French title .... But then I had to show Mia (his litter sister) in open class. It was a strong open class and I thought I wouldn't have a chance considering Mojo's win. When the judge started to place the 4 bests and pointed the first place for Mia I just couldn't believe it!!!!! It was a very "emotional" moment for me!!!

Another highlight was again Mojo ;) later in the year winning Champion class at the Specialty.

Also Mia winning Best in Group (her 3rd) in Mulhouse International Dog Show.

Mia's litter is a very special Highlight :wub: :wub: :wub:

Dee Dee winning the BIS at Crufts desserves the title "Whippet Highlight of the year" :wub:

Tamara

RU anywhere this w'end

I have entered W club of wales , but for one reason or another I am not now going .

Still trying to shake this head cold off, and the peps I was going with arnt going now and I dont want to go all that way on my own , plus I hate driving in the dark :b

So its a weekend at home with OH and his girls :( ;) I think I will do all my Christmas cards

JAX said:
Still trying to shake this head cold off,
If you try shaking a bit harder,hopefully your head will come off!! :- " :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most definitely Deedee winning Crufts :wub:

For me,2004 has been a fantastic year :)

Considering that i've only been in the show scene for 2 years,my lot have done me proud!

February. Bought Murphy :wub: ,who has brought sooooooo much joy & laughter to this household.

March. Taking 3 whippets to Crufts for the first time,none of them got placed,but it was a wonderful day for me,& i got home just in time to see Deedee :wub: go BIS.

April.Going to see Poppy for the first time & falling head over heels in love with her.

June.Flyn winning limit dog at Three counties

July.Alfie going to his first Ch.show & qualifying for Crufts for his new owners.

Bringing Poppy home.

October. Poppy winning BPIS at Midland whippet Ch.show

November.Poppy winning 2 classes & RBPIS at NEWS Ch. show,& Flyn also winning Post grad.

I have met so many wonderful people this year(including Jax :p ) & have had so much fun,2004 will be a hard year to beat!! :thumbsup:

The Highlight Of My Year

Was Lasange & Salad At Russell's.

[SIZE=14pt]No.......... My boy Fernando Winning Puppy Group AT St Patricks day :luck: [/SIZE]

My beautiful Girl Winning Reserve Whippet Puppy Of The Year :*

Getting My New Baby ( Jigolo Daughter) :wub:

[SIZE=14pt]AND Jigolo Winning Irish Show Dog :D :D & Dee Dee Of Course ;) [/SIZE]

Best wishes to all For Next Year :luck: :luck:

A most important day of our lives was for Dee Dee and myself to win BIS at crufts and represent all what whippets are about not just a dog but one of the family.

The highlights for me have to be obviously.....Dee Dee's faultless performance at Crufts,

Then my Woody & May going B.P.D.&B.P.B. on same day at Northern Counties,

Lilly going B.P.I.B. & Shortlisted in Group at Hound A. of Scotland

& The birth of our 2nd litter of ten!!!

in_chair_3.jpg

Welcome to K9 Lynn its nice to see you posting :cheers:

Who could go past a whippet winning Crufts as the highlight - well done Dee Dee.

For myself, 2004 has been a wonderful year. Our first whippet came into our lives mid 2003 and by September her sister had come to live with us too. May 2004 saw the arival of my gorgeous Jazz (highlight 1). My introduction to whippet showing and the wonderful people who exist in that world (highlight 2). I attended my first ever Whippet Congress and showed at the National - which brings me to highlight 3 - Jazz taking 2nd place in the puppy dog class at the National - couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

Of course it has to be Dee Dee winning Crufts on the showing front. Individually, it has to be sending my first puppy abroad and her doing so well on her first outing. Just can't wait till January, when my two are able to go out. Are you going to Brid on 12th (I think) Jax? As you probably all know I had entered the puppies here, especially as it's at the seaside. Even in winter, the beach at Brid is great for giving the dogs a good run (and then :wacko: :blink: me having to "run" like the very divil to catch up with them)

Is anyone going to South Yorkshire Hound tomorrow, I'm not as I only went under the judge a couple of weeks ago in Scotland. Just nipping up the road to Burton, although could have gone to Otley or Harrogate as all have scheduled Whippets.

Ashfield schedules are now out (at long last) with Paul Carter (Watcar) doing Whippets and Beagles, so if anyone wants a schedule, please let me know. If you can't picture him, he is the treasurer of Northern Counties WC. Show is at Belper LC, an ok venue, but the catering is C***! Alfreton LC has now sent a letter out saying that they are now taking bookings for 2005 because they will not now be starting the refurbishment, in 2005 at least. I really groaned when I got the letter, cos if I'd got it a couple of weeks earlier I could have switched back to Alfreton, but once the schedules are printed it's a bit too late.

JanF

Is anyone going to South Yorkshire Hound tomorrow, I'm not as I only went under the judge a couple of weeks ago in Scotland.

Hopefully going to SYHS but not entered as the Chairman said I was too late and the catalogues had been printed - I doubt it!!!!!!!!!!!!

But have a load of red schedules for a show coming up at Belper to hand out.........

Nev is probably not going Jan :D

Where to start?

This has been a fabulous year for me, a real eye-opener into the world of whippets.

Dee Dee and Crufts was soooooooo exciting, and made me think what a great choice of dog we had made. :wub:

Our first little show was Cherington Exemption. I had a great time meeting EMW with Fergal and Dermot. Atrchie got his first rosette in the puppy class, a second (w00t)

Well, then I got the bug............

He got two thirds at Berkeley, AND, we met EMW, Tired, Rebecca Reddish, Helen and her delightful family with Josie. Also a delight to meet Hannah from Strike whippets again with the GORGEOUS Ellie, such a fun day!

Archie also had a go at 'running fast', at South Cotswold puppy night. Well he ran fast, but not as fast as racing whips, lovely to see BeeJay, Hannah etc there

The icing on the cake was Archie winning FIRST (w00t) ,in quite a large hound group at exemption at Frampton country show.

Such a fabulous year, a fabuolous dog (mostly),a fabulous site, fabulous people.......I could go on, but you'll all be bored to tears :eek:

Know I dont show but can I just add (sorry for butting in) - Highlight of my year had to be getting one of Russ's puppies - I love him to bits. Thank you Ozzy. And its been great seeing all your lovely pictures on k9. :cheers:

Jan,it doesn't matter that you don't show,(YET!! ;) ),& you're certainly not butting in.

It's lovely to here everyone's highlights of their year

Back