The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Highgate Hounds

tinker*

Registered
Reaction score
A lady on another "lurcher" forum is hiring out highgate stadium every second sat in the month. so ive copied and pasted the info here - might even let perry the German Shpeherd run - he loves the lure just as much as the rest!

the next race meet is April 10th

Subsequent dates are:

8th May

12th June

10th July

14th Aug

11th Sept

Just to make it easier for us can I ask that everyone parks outside until 1.15 or until the gates are opened after that-

it makes it easier for anyone helping and bringing stock to get our vehicles in, everything sorted out and set up. Thanks

The address is:

Highgate Greyhound Stadium

Nicholas Lane

Goldthorpe

Rotherham

South Yorkshire

S63 9AT

Bookings will be taken from approx. 1.30pm and racing will start shortly afterwards.

Admission is £3 for adults, all children are free.

Racing is £1 per dog per race.

Book your dog in on arrival, you can choose the distance and which, if any, dog they race against.

The only stipulation is they must be muzzled (except terriers) if running with other dogs- due to the fact that

they can get over excited which may lead to friction over the lure at the finish line.

If you are racing your own dogs together and chose not to muzzle them that is at your own risk.

All dogs are hand slipped.

If it is your first time racing please let us know so we can help you,

and if it's your dogs first time we find it better to let them run by themselves so they get the hang of the lure.

The cafe will be open for hot/cold drinks, crisps, sweets and hot sandwiches.

Everyone is welcome, and all breeds of dogs.

This is a good event to get your dogs to, it is in aid of a lurcher charity :thumbsup: and is great if your dogs have never raced or are nervous or even too aggressive to race against other dogs as they can go solo (w00t) . And I always race my munsterlanders when there, they love it :teehee:

Tina

;)

Back