The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Help Please With Macey!

anslinmcg

Registered
Reaction score
:( We are having a wee bit of a problem with Macey at the moment.

She is screaming/howling in the early hours of the morning. We have let her out thinking she needs a wee, but that has not stopped her??? :angry:

She is in the crate at night with Byron and goes in no problem, just this shouting in the morning...............

Please can someone help us as OH needs his beautiful sleep :- "

anslinmcg said:
:( We are having a wee bit of a problem with Macey at the moment.
She is screaming/howling in the early hours of the morning. We have let her out thinking she needs a wee, but that has not stopped her??? :angry:

She is in the crate at night with Byron and goes in no problem, just this shouting in the morning...............

Please can someone help us as OH needs his beautiful sleep :- "

:( WELL WE ARE HAVING PROBLEMS TOO, MINE STARTS HOWLING LIKE A :b BANSHEE AT 5AM EVERY MORNING FROM HIS KENNEL, HES QUITE HAPPY TO GO IN AT NIGHT, AND WONT COME IN WHEN I ANSWER TO HIS SCREAMING, BUT WONT GO IN THE KENNEL EITHER. :- "

THERE IS NO REASON THT I CAN SEE WHY HE DOES IT, UNLESS HE THINKS HES A COCKRELL!..... :)

HES BEEN TO THE LOO, HAS ACCESS TO A DRINK IN THE NIGHT,,, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA.

HE DOES IT FOR ABOUT 30 MINS!

STRANGE DOGGY

We don't know is she is too cold, but Byron is fine?? Even though they are in the kitchen and no outside???

Sorry I can't remember how old she is but could it be her season coming or something and with annloise the opposite a bitch in season near by maybe that goes out for a walk early, probably way off the mark but just a thought :unsure:

She is 7 months and 3 weeks old. No signs of a season, no swelling or anything???

Maybe she is getting ready to come in season.Poppy started to get occasional cramp pains about a month before she came in.It could be possible that she's a bit cramped up in a cage with another dog & doesn't have room to stretch out.

It is a big cage as they have their bed in there, plus there is more again for them to move about??

anslinmcg said:
She is 7 months and 3 weeks old. No signs of a season, no swelling or anything???

When mine came into season there were no warning signs as such just came all of a sudden and the swelling was gradual after that, but I suppose they must have some sort of changes going on before it actually arrives, I have noticed that Spry seems to have little cry's lately even when she's been cuddled but I have checked her over and there is nothing obviously wrong with her(could be she's just a little moaner :lol: ) but I have wondered if her hormones are playing a part she's 8 months, funny thing is I still see her as a baby so I hope she doesn't come into season yet :huggles:

Hmmmmm...weird. if she was barking i would have thought that something may be happening outside (neighbor going to work early?), cannot think what would set her off howling though. It's strange that she does it only at the certain time of night, so i would still consider some outside influence.

I would probably just do something so i would not hear her = throw some rugs or sleeping bags over the crate, that would muffle the howl and hope she gets over it.

Bitches do change a bit before they come to season, they become more cuddly, some get bit grumpy, i am not sure about howling for short period at the same time each day????

Cross my fingers, my girls are all very civilized and they only get out of bed after I get their breakfast

:b

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw poor Macey, I agree with Lida - maybe someone getting up nearby early and disturbing her :unsure: have your neighbours got cats or anything nearby ?? just a thought. Hope she settles down soon - theres nothing like those early mornings :blink: :wacko:

I would get another cage too,,don't want brother / sister babies (w00t) .

No idea why she is doing this.

anslinmcg said:
its very likely, as said, that an outside influence is to blame. maybe a thermostat coming on, something within your home that follows a set pattern. if you have neighbours really close (ie terraced house) it could even be something in their property which is driving her crazy, which of course you cant hear. this isnt likely to suit you, but when my son was born we had to have music playing quietly to camouflage such backround noises hope you find the cause :blink:

Hi,

Might be way off the mark with this one as I don't know if this is something specific to male dogs only, but had a similar issue over the last few days with our pup. He was uncharacteristicaly whining/wanting out from his cage two or 3 times a night. Was also showing classic signs of worms (poor coat/weight loss/loss of appetite/dragging his bum along the ground after going to the loo/trying to bite his rear end).

Anyhow, went to the vets and she 'cleaned out his anal glands' (New one on me-this is our first pup) and we wormed him again. Within hours of returning from the vet he was back to his old self...Brilliant!.

Hope you solve the problem soon.... Sleep depravation is no fun!.

Good luck.

lalena said:
we had to have music playing quietly to camouflage such backround noises  hope you find the cause :blink:
I actually wondered if a neighbor may have his mobile set on allarm with some of the weird sounds people choose. Maybe leaving the radio on for your dogs as Ialena did, would help? :luck:

Lida

Back