The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

HELLO

BeverleyP

Registered
Reaction score
We recently returned to our house near Kidderminster after 12 years in Spain, and it's nice to be back, despite everything! We are a retired couple with two grown-up boys, grandchildren and two little dogs.

Welcome to the forum Beverley :)

Bienvenidos a ustedes y a sus perritos. ¿Qué razas son?

Hola RGC y gracias. Dorita es parte del Podenco. Es español! Chico es Border Terrier. Lo siento, mi español es mal!

Hello and welcome to you and your dogs.

Hi and welcome from me too:) so is that a Podengo cross and a Boarder Terrier you have? (not being a speaker of Spanish but kind of looked obvious, maybe!:D)

Actually Flobo truth be told, that was pretty bad español on my part. Just for interest, there are 2 verbs for to be:. Ser and estar and I believe I should have used estar so está un podenco rather than es un podenco which is Ser. As Dorita is a dog and not a person I should have used estar. Estar is used for animals and things, ser for people...someone told me it is because the Spanish believe dogs don't have a soul. The Spanish are on the whole, NOT animal lovers!!!

Hi and welcome from me too:) so is that a Podengo cross and a Boarder Terrier you have? (not being a speaker of Spanish but kind of looked obvious, maybe!:D)

20230110_172515.jpg
20230110_172515.jpg

Attachments

• 20221129_133452.jpg
    20221129_133452.jpg
    559.4 KB · Views: 46
Actually Flobo truth be told, that was pretty bad español on my part. Just for interest, there are 2 verbs for to be:. Ser and estar and I believe I should have used estar so está un podenco rather than es un podenco which is Ser. As Dorita is a dog and not a person I should have used estar. Estar is used for animals and things, ser for people...someone told me it is because the Spanish believe dogs don't have a soul. The Spanish are on the whole, NOT animal lovers!!!
Siempre he creído que la diferencia entre ser y estar es de la posición de permanencia. Por ejemplo, estoy en casa pero soy inglés o mi perro es un whippet que está con mi en el tren. Pero es verdad que demasiado de españoles no tienen el amor ni el respeto para los animales aunque ya la situación mejora. Blimey, haven’t had an Iberian burst like that for yonks! Welcome onboard, Beverly. We’re not that far from Kidderminster - just at the end of the M50.

Back