The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Heater

YTarmy

Registered
Reaction score
I have an 8x6 kennel that is lined and home to 1 14 ,omth old bitch. I'm looking for a decent kennel heater to take the chill out when the winter kicks in

Any suggestions?

we bought one of those oil filled ones for ours and its perfect.you can set the temperature you want and its quite safe too.cost about 50 squid.you can fix them to a wall for safetys sake so the dog cant knock it over. :) having said that shibas done need any heating its just that ours are getting old now so i know they like a bit of extra warmth but trouble is theyve all started to shed their winter coats and ive only been using it for about 2 or 3 weeks!their body clocks must think its spring! :D

I use a 2' tube heater in my kennel it takes the chill off and the dogs don't lose there winter coats. It's also very cheap to run being only 120 watts. I've put it close to there bed and made a mesh guard for it.

I think i paid £25.00 for it five years ago.

I bought it from sunrise aviculture at Maltby .

Tube heaters are great for fastening under a raised bed, (and safe)

YTarmy said:
I have an 8x6 kennel that is lined and home to 1 14 ,omth old bitch. I'm looking for a decent kennel heater to take the chill out when the winter kicks in
Any suggestions?

i bought an oil heater from argos 29,99 which is in a garage and keeps the chill off,works well denise

Ive got a couple of radiators on the wall too , Just enough to keep the chill off, but I must admit to turning it up when Ive youngsters in there :- "

we also use a oil filled radiator,we set it so it knocks it self of and on depending how cold it is.its just set on the lower heat.but u can feel the warmth when u go in shed.

We use electric pig lamps & have done for many years without any problems they cost approx £15 & replacement bulbs are £4.50 from Burgess Farm Supplies who are a national company the other option is electric pigeon tube heaters imo not as warm :luck:

Back