The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Guessing The Weights Again 4 Fun

sherry

Registered
Reaction score
just found an old topic of weights. nikki whizz was 19lb @ 13 weeks and raced @ approx 48lb she was bred nikitason (34lb) x GHD

nikki is the mam to my 2 pups bear (boy) and mink (girl) their dad is jack the lad (32lb)

so wots the guessing on the race weight they might make?

12 weeks (gone wed) MINK weighed 14lb and BEAR weighed 16lb

some of the theories double the weight @ 12 weeks that wud make MINK 28lb and BEAR 32lb. another theory where theres a GHD involved double the weight @ 12 weeks and add 15lb wud make MINK 42lb and BEAR 47lb which is fine by me as i love me scratch racing.

i do think bear may go 47lb as hes quite thick set big feet thick legs etc mink may just go 28lb as shes a lot finer. il post a pic.

bears the one sitting up:

IMGP1080.jpg

If you want big dogs Carole send them to me for a couple of weeks small dogs allways end up scratch here (w00t) . I say Mink 40lb Bear 45lb. :sweating: Pamx

If you want big dogs Carole send them to me for a couple of weeks small dogs allways end up scratch here (w00t) . I say Mink 40lb Bear 45lb. :sweating: Pamx
bit like me with quiet timid dogs, they always end up nutters here lol (w00t)

What do we get if we're right :lol:

Bear 40/42lb

Mink 31/32lb

both look fab carole

13 weeks yesterday weighed today this is just approx as we havent got digi scales this is me on the bathroom scales then with me holding them on bathroom scales.

MINK 14lb same as last week

BEAR 18lb put on 2lb since last week

doubling it @ 13 weeks for their race weight wud make MINK 28lb and BEAR 36lb :thumbsup:

13 weeks yesterday weighed today this is just approx as we havent got digi scales this is me on the bathroom scales then with me holding them on bathroom scales.MINK 14lb same as last week

BEAR 18lb put on 2lb since last week

doubling it @ 13 weeks for their race weight wud make MINK 28lb and BEAR 36lb :thumbsup:
2 nice weights if your theory works :thumbsup:

hope i get @ least 1 scratch dog as thats the racing that i personally like the best :thumbsup:

not sure whether the pups r 17 weeks tommoro or just 16 weeks i think 17? anyway just weighed them and bear is 22lb and mink 18lb

not sure whether the pups r 17 weeks tommoro or just 16 weeks i think 17? anyway just weighed them and bear is 22lb and mink 18lb
Looking at the weghts Carole, don't think Mink will be a scratch dog,maybe about 30lb max,but Bear should be at least 40lb :thumbsup:

Sheila was 20lb at 15weeks,and Norman was 22lb(didn't weigh them at 16 or 17 weeks )

PS Just looked at Daisys weght,and at 17 week 4 days she was 17lb 8oz :lol:

Good luck with them both what ever weights they make :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont think minks going to be big @ all infact i wudnt b surprised if she only goes to about 26lb suits me so long as bear makes scratch even 36lb wud b nice never had one of them had a 40lb and then no limits

weighed them on the big scales on mon bear was 25/26lb and mink was 21lb, paul said tegan was 22lb on sun and russ said barney was 27lb. they r 18 weeks now today i think its 18 weeks anyway lol my 2 r in the kennels most of the day now but have been coming in when weve been goin to work but yesterday i got in to find theyd escaped from the pen and kitchen looked like a bomb had hit it, in their pen was torches (1 switched on) binbags, poobags, a brand new sponge mop CHEWED!!!!! teatowels, the oven glove etc etc oh and my oven has been switched on luckily it is electric. where were they? back in their pen wagging away like they,d done nowt wrong. so starting tommoro they r staying out there all day, pretty soon they will be out there 24/7 bear seems to like it better out there but it gets a bit cold @night just yet i think.

weighed them on the big scales on mon bear was 25/26lb and mink was 21lb, paul said tegan was 22lb on sun and russ said barney was 27lb. they r 18 weeks now today i think its 18 weeks anyway lol my 2 r in the kennels most of the day now but have been coming in when weve been goin to work but yesterday i got in to find theyd escaped from the pen and kitchen looked like a bomb had hit it, in their pen was torches (1 switched on) binbags, poobags, a brand new sponge mop CHEWED!!!!! teatowels, the oven glove etc etc oh and my oven has been switched on luckily it is electric. where were they? back in their pen wagging away like they,d done nowt wrong. so starting tommoro they r staying out there all day, pretty soon they will be out there 24/7 bear seems to like it better out there but it gets a bit cold @night just yet i think.
:lol: Who didn't shut the pen door properly :lol: Bet it was Peter :teehee:

Back