The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Gps trackers

ashthebash91

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody know much about GPS trackers for dogs? I had a quick look around and most of them want monthly fees, anybody know of a company that does them without this and are still reasonably priced?

Thanks

I wonder if there are internal ones like microchips? because if your dog is stolen, they'd ditch the collar

I think this is more for dogs getting lost. I'm not sure an internal one exists - GPS systems for walking, in cars, and this one all have batteries so presumably they need power; an internal one couldn't be recharged.

Internal ones don't exist yet . I was told by a manufacturer of a collar gps system that the problem with an internal gps system was battery life .. I for one would be willing to pay for an internal tracker attached to a microchip. We have looked at ones on collars but for us they wouldn't work ..partly because phone reception is pants in a lot of the places we walk so a tracker linked to our phone wouldn't work , partly because you have to be within quite a close radius to pick up the chip ..and lastly because our biggest worry is if our dogs were stolen ..and then their collar would be taken off anyway ..so for us it seemed more of a gimmick than a way to reunite us with our dogs .

Back