The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Goodbye Sonny My Beautiful Boy

sarah2

Registered
Reaction score
Dear K9,

I struggle to write this message but I know you will all understand how I feel.

Our darling boy was pts at home on Saturday. A few days before we had been given the news that he had terminal liver cancer. There were no symptoms until I noticed a swelling in his tummy and he seemed breathless on the Thursday and took him for an emergency appt at the vets, his bloods were normal but a scan showed his liver was full of it. Nothing could be done andI would have done anything. In shock we took him home. We spoilt him, cuddled him and took him for his favourite walks in the corn fields. I could already see the deteriation in him and would never had him feel any pain because he was a 100 mile an hour dog. His cancer was rare in a dog so young and I know the vet and all at the practice were upset. We had Sonny for 15 months and they were the best ever. He was a work in progress and he touched everyone who ever met him. It's so unfair that he was taken so young when he enjoying the life he should have had all along. A member of our family is missing and there is so much sadness in our home, I cry all the time, miss the way he leant on my leg as we walked as only they do, I miss his yodelling and wooing, his cheekyness and most of all my cuddles and his beautiful brown eyes. He was my first pointy face and only about 4 years old and he will have a place in my heart forever. It seems he only ever had 15 months but we rescued him and gave him the best time of his life and I know he knew he was loved.

He slipped away peacefully with his family with all the love and dignity he deserved.

God bless my angel I am so proud of you and thank you for the love you gave us. Till I see you again x

I am so sorry to hear you have lost your beloved boy Sonny :( He will always have a special place in your heart. Try and think of the good times and how much his life had changed for the better, with all the love and affection that you and your family gave him.

RIP Sonny and run free :huggles:

im so sorry :(

rest in peace Sonny run free xxx

:huggles: :huggles:

My heart goes out to you, Sarah

I am so sorry :'( :'(

I lost my beautiful black GSD to liver cancer nearly 6 years ago now. With hindsight I now know she had been suffering with the symptoms for a while but it came as a huge shock and she was PTS whilst still under anasethetic. We were hoping that it was an operable abdominal tumour.

Go with love, Sonny, run free xx :wub:

That is such horrible news to hear :(

You must be proud of yoursleves for giving sonny the love and home he so deserved......he will always be with you and you will always be with him.

God bless you and your family Sarah :wub:

RIP sonny :wub: xx

images.jpg

Dear K9,
I struggle to write this message but I know you will all understand how I feel.

Our darling boy was pts at home on Saturday. A few days before we had been given the news that he had terminal liver cancer. There were no symptoms until I noticed a swelling in his tummy and he seemed breathless on the Thursday and took him for an emergency appt at the vets, his bloods were normal but a scan showed his liver was full of it. Nothing could be done andI would have done anything. In shock we took him home. We spoilt him, cuddled him and took him for his favourite walks in the corn fields. I could already see the deteriation in him and would never had him feel any pain because he was a 100 mile an hour dog. His cancer was rare in a dog so young and I know the vet and all at the practice were upset. We had Sonny for 15 months and they were the best ever. He was a work in progress and he touched everyone who ever met him. It's so unfair that he was taken so young when he enjoying the life he should have had all along. A member of our family is missing and there is so much sadness in our home, I cry all the time, miss the way he leant on my leg as we walked as only they do, I miss his yodelling and wooing, his cheekyness and most of all my cuddles and his beautiful brown eyes. He was my first pointy face and only about 4 years old and he will have a place in my heart forever. It seems he only ever had 15 months but we rescued him and gave him the best time of his life and I know he knew he was loved.

He slipped away peacefully with his family with all the love and dignity he deserved.

God bless my angel I am so proud of you and thank you for the love you gave us. Till I see you again x
So sorry to hear about your beloved Sonny, you are in our thoughts today.

Thank you all so much for you kind words and thoughts. I am heartbroken but it really helps to talk to people who understand. I never tired of looking at my gorgeous blue boy Sonny and he filled me with so much pride and joy. I'm so glad we rescued him and I would do it all over again even though I never thought we would loose him so soon.

Wishing you all many happy years with your beautiful hounds.

Poor Sonny and poor you , I'm so sorry :( :huggles:

We're thinking of you Sarah :( you have done the kindest things for Sonny

giving him the best life he could have

and letting him go painlessly even if it seemed all too soon

xxxx

So sorry for your loss :( :(

My thoughts are with you :huggles:

RIP Sonny, Run free xx

We lost our beloved whippet Jesse :( :wub: to bone cancer almost a year ago, and it still hurts so much :( :(

RIP Sonny- so sorry for your sad loss, you will meet again at Rainbow Bridge

I'm so very sorry what a terrible shock, you must be devastated :(

He was obviously very much loved - I hope in time the sadness will fade and you will remember the wonderful times you had together :huggles:

Run fast and free Sonny :wub: :huggles:

So sorry to hear of your sad loss. We have lost many of our beloved pets over the years and it always hurts,but to lose one so young is tragic, console yourselves with the thought he is running pain free and happy. R.I.P Sonny

Sonia & Ian

I found this hard to read,as i really felt for you.I lost my Greyhound a few weeks ago,and i still hurt.

Lots of hugs from someone who knows how you feel.

Amandaxx

Back