The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Good Home Wanted

harryjay

Registered
Reaction score
We have a 7 month old Whippet x Greyhound that really, really deserves a better home than we can offer him. Due to personal family circumstances we are in a position where we cannot give this beautyful dog the attention and time he deserves. We don't have a camera to post a picture so here's a brief description.

Jasper is rich fawn with a white cross shaped patch on his chest. Approximately 24" and about 23kgs in weight. He is microchipped and his vacinations are upto date. All the appropriate paper work is available. He's very good with young children (My son is 14mths) and very friendly with people and other dogs ( If somewhat boisterious). He's lived in all the time but does enjoy being outside. He's a striking looking dog and recently won the smooth puppy class at the last Warwick Hunt show, getting reserve to a lovely rough puppy.

He's quite a powerful puppy as was his sire. His parents are both working and used to race with some success. Both parents can been seen by arrangement as his breeder is fairly local to us,( They are not in apositon to take him back) Jasper travels well in his car cage.

He is free to the right home. He will NOT end up in a rescue centre or PTS.

My email is harry.jackson@Swarkpct.nhs.uk Tel: 01926 423715 Work or 01789 720645 Home.

Please K9ers HELP.

PS We are in the Stratford upon Avon area and are willing to travel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried Evesham Greyhound and Lurcher Rescue too?

You could also post him on www.lurcher.org in 'Other Homeless Hounds' . Someone will help you out with photo if you ask (can't do it myself)

I do hope you find a good home for the wee lad.

(I'd love to help out, but N.Ireland is a bit far out.)

Let us know how you get on. :luck:

Hi again,

Thanks for your thoughts. As for a photo, look at the picture of LEIA on Raes' reply, leia could br Jasper.

I haven't tried Evesham Rescue, I don't know much about them, does anyone have any info please.

Hi All,

Just to let you know that we've found the perfect home for Jasper. It's right here with us!!

Must have been a bit hormonal at the time (or the OH was). I sat last night almost sobbing about all this but thanks (unknowingly) to Jackie Drakeford and her advice in The House Lurcher we've come up with a strategy to help us all.

I must admit it's very easy to lose sight of the fact that a dog is a dog no matter how intellegent. We're supposed to be the clever ones but as usual, we're humbled by dogs and children. If anyone is interested I'll post Jaspers progress on a regular basis.

PS It's a good job my hair was already grey.

Cheers and thanks again for you thoughts and interest.

Wonderful news!! (w00t)

Do please keep us posted on how it's all going with the wee man. :)

That's brilliant, and I'm sure it's the best possible news for Jasper (and for you, it was obvious in your first post that you loved and cared for him very much).

Believe me, you're not the only person to sometimes feel that everything is too much and you aren't able to give your dog what he needs. To be honest I think most dog owners go there at some time or another, but it usually all falls back into place as soon as the dog turns his/her soppy eyes on you :wub: :wub:

Wishing you the very best of luck sorting things out.

i'm so glad you can see a way forward with your boy - it really was obvious from your first post just how much you love him, so i'm really glad you can see a way through.

I had problems of my own with Digit earlier this year, and although he's a long way off perfect now - he's certainly become a pleasure to take out again. Whatever approach you're planning to take, i'm sure time and consistency will be the key. Please let us know how you get on - hearing about the progress might well help someone else who finds themselves in the same place :luck: :luck:

Back