The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Good Home Offered

fatwhippet

Registered
Reaction score
some years ago i did alot of work for various rescues and today i received a call from a lady that i homed a greyhound with over 8yrs ago to say that they are going to have to have her put to sleep due to stomach cancer.

they want to start to look for another dog so i said that i would put out some feelers for them as they dont have internet access.

they are looking for a greyhound type bitch, not a pup but pref under 7 as it can be difficult to insure older dogs and it must be good with cats (their cat is good with greyhounds)

i cannot reccommend this home highly enough, they are a retired couple, no children and wonderful walks near to home. (albrighton, nr wolverhampton, west mids)

as i am out of the rescue world now i didnt really know who to contact so i thought that i would start on some of the forums, so if any one knows of a special little girl who deserves a brilliant home please pm me and i will put you in touch with them.

I'm sorry to hear that this family are losing their older girl - what a shame...

I'd of thought one of the best places for them to start looking for another hound would be the Wolverhampton branch of the RGT at Monmore: http://www.rgtmonmore.co.uk/index.php I'm sure they would be delighted to meet such a lovely sounding couple, and would be able to help them find a new hound.

I hav 2 of my greyhounds ready to go on the retired greyhound trust, but sorry--there boys, 4 years of age.! :(

some years ago i did alot of work for various rescues and today i received a call from a lady that i homed a greyhound with over 8yrs ago to say that they are going to have to have her put to sleep due to stomach cancer.they want to start to look for another dog so i said that i would put out some feelers for them as they dont have internet access.

they are looking for a greyhound type bitch, not a pup but pref under 7 as it can be difficult to insure older dogs and it must be good with cats (their cat is good with greyhounds)

i cannot reccommend this home highly enough, they are a retired couple, no children and wonderful walks near to home. (albrighton, nr wolverhampton, west mids)

as i am out of the rescue world now i didnt really know who to contact so i thought that i would start on some of the forums, so if any one knows of a special little girl who deserves a brilliant home please pm me and i will put you in touch with them.
Hi,

Have a chat with Martin Tucker on k9.I had my girl from him.He works very hard find good homes for his x racers.He is the trainer,and tries to home the dogs that are no longer wanted.

Amandax

There are a couple here at the moment `waiting` to be rehomed, but no bitches i`m afraid !

One of them is DROOPYS LEROY, a €100,000 was refused for him early in his career ! However, he wouldn`t be cat friendly, but is the sweetest dog to have around the place, in fact he sired a winner in Longford tonight, but his stud career never took off. However, I would recommend him to a suitable home.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=droopys+...p;x=21&y=12

Regards,

Martin.

Back