The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Dog video collection

Darlington Sunday

Registered
Reaction score
Requirements Detail
We need to collect the following 5 species dog video. You can shoot 3 videos of the same dog in different backgrounds.

Species

Qualification

Tosa

At least one of the dog’s parents is Tosa

Staffordshire Bull Terrier

At least one of the dog’s parents is Staffordshire Bull Terrier

American Pit Bull Terrier

At least one of the dog’s parents is American Pit Bull Terrier

American Staffordshire Terrier

At least one of the dog’s parents is American Staffordshire Terrier

Rottweiler

At least one of the dog’s parents is Rottweiler

Each video also needs to provide dog breed information: breed, gender, age, maternal line (dog breed), paternal line (dog breed)

Photography Standards

Take a video of your dog’s entire body for more than 1 minute.
ü Video must be taken at various angles including front / left / right side.

ü Be careful not to cut off body parts including ears, legs and tail.

Suitable video length: within 1 minute
Video quality: 1080p 60fps or higher (video data: mp4)
Example of Photographing angel

Tip. Take a video for 1 minute at the front / right / left angle to show your dog’s whole body well.

(Be careful not to cut off body parts including ears, legs and tail)

Reason for Rejection

1. Not followed the guidelines

ü A dog gets out of the frame a lot

ü Only filmed from one angle

ü Dog’s entire appearance has not been filmed for more than 1 minute

2. Cannot be used as data

ü Video quality lower than 1080p-60fps

ü Filmed in darkness

ü Shaky cam

ü A dog moves too fast to identify its appearance

Upload the same video in duplicate
ü You can participate up to 3 times per dog,
but you must film in different locations.

4. It’s not a video you’ve taken

You have given us absolutely no context for this - what organisation you represent, where they are based, why they need these videos and how they intend to use them, whether there is any remuneration, etc. No one is going to respond if they don't think this is 100% legit and ethical.

You have given us absolutely no context for this - what organisation you represent, where they are based, why they need these videos and how they intend to use them, whether there is any remuneration, etc. No one is going to respond if they don't think this is 100% legit and ethical.
I represent APPEN and we are going to use the video for a documentary compilation to be posted on our social media website

Data collection company,,why would you need these and why only those dogs?

Possibly to pass on to a client who has requested it... No way would I pass on a vid of my dog without any idea of how it would be presented.

We are going to use the video for documentary
The concerns still stand. That's how you are going to use it, but we don't know how you plan to present it.

I'm guessing English may not be your first language, but if you plan to ask others, it would be better manners to explain what you are looking for in more detail ( for example 'we are a documentary maker looking for videos of dogs to illustrate XXX and we would be very grateful for your help').

I would also want to know if dog experts were involved in making the documentary, whether the portrayal would be pro/anti bully breeds, and what the whole 'story' was.

Back