The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Dog is sick every night

KHT106

Registered
Reaction score
During the night our dog is sick just once after washing/grooming himself. It is a very small amount and is like water. He is fed two small meals each day and walked 3 times a day.

Any ideas?

Try giving him a few biscuits or a handful of his food just before bed, my oldest boy does the same thing, it seems he cant go too long between meals or he is sick, hope this works :)

I would probably suggest splittin his meals into 3, so he gets fed 3 times a day instead of 2 so his belly isnt empty for a long period of time.

However, to rule out anything more serious get him checked over at the vet just to make sure there isnt a underlying factor going on.

Hope your pooch gets better soon :)

Sophie x

I have found that a couple of biscuits before bedtime stops this. Most times it seems to happen first thing in the morning with my girls. Giving the biscuits before bed gives the tummy something to work on overnight.

Edit to add: If this doesn't work after a few days then I would take him in to rule out anything sinister.

Last edited by a moderator:
During the night our dog is sick just once after washing/grooming himself. It is a very small amount and is like water. He is fed two small meals each day and walked 3 times a day.

Any ideas?
Hello KHT106,

What exactly are you feeding... if feeding commercial petfood,what's the brand and exact formula?

Roger Biduk

Back