The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Dog is losing his fur

Alchiepoo135

Registered
Reaction score
I recently asked for help on here about his itchy skin. I think I've sussed out he's either allergic to carpet or dust mites. I got this shampoo for his itchiness called Dermacton. It's seemed to have soothed the itch slightly and he's even started growing hair back on his underneath. But he's started loosing his hair on his back now. You can literally grab a clump of hair and pull it out with ease. I gave him a bath yesterday with his new shampoo (I do it every 3 days) because he starts getting really itchy again. And when I got his out the bath, the plug hole was blocked with his hair. Help! My dogs going bald!

The easiest and probably cheapest option for you to try, is to change his diet and feed as much raw product as possible !

Unfortunately our modern day complete kibbles which are mostly based on wheat/grains are to blame for our unfortunate dogs and their allergies/itches. It is so un natural for our dogs to eat wheat and grains as their main food bulk for 52 weeks of the year, this is only a seasonal product and would never be found daily throughout a dogs life in the wild.

Our dogs have canine teeth for eating meat, they can also survive on many other products as many dogs do.

It is a well known fact that grain based kibbles are causing allergies and many health issues.

Most of our vets these days are conditioned at college into believing that kibbles are best, they also sell these products at their surgeries (making even more money)

Using shampoos can irritate and dry the skin, maybe just rinse him daily in warm clear water.

Mine is only a suggestion, I am sure there will be lots of other great ideas and suggestions.

Maybe you already use raw or a good quality grain free product, in which case maybe a visit to your vet would be adviseable!.

Google "Raw feeding vets" for more information. Most good pet stores have a freezer and sell raw meat.

excuseme is right in that it could be diet related, the skin is the biggest organ and usually first or most affected.

Even if you don't feed raw and use a commercial food, check the ingredients. Steer clear of additives and preservatives.

If it persists or you are already on a good food try something like a natural aloe vera shampoo once a week, it may help to soothe the skin and help it recover.

Back