The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Dog Food Storage Bin?

LasVegasNo1

Waiting for Telstra
Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can buy a dog food (plastic) storage bin? Big enough to take 16kg of dry food. I've tried ebay and I'm either using the wrong keywords or no one is selling any?! :teehee:

Cheers :cheers:

i just use plastic bins available from hardware stores or sometimes garden centres sell them

I use a` dust bin` for mine :- " :thumbsup:

I guess I'll have to get a normal bin then, I just thought those branded dog bins would be cheap as they are always 'giving them away' when you don't want one ;)

Ihave a big metal dust bin from Ikea the lids nice and heavy so stays put

We have a plastic Addis bin. When we have had visitors we find bits of rubbish in the dog food!

If you are going to store it outside I would go for a metal bin.

Cerito

Yes my friends keep their dogs dry food in big plastic bin, mine dont get much dry food so never been a problem.

But you know...if you dont ask you dont get :lol: If you look at some of the dog food sites e-mail them ask if you can 'test drive' one of their storage containers??? Never know! Have known folk to get results that way :D

bappit said:
But you know...if you dont ask you dont get :lol: If you look at some of the dog food sites e-mail them ask if you can 'test drive' one of their storage containers??? Never know! Have known folk to get results that way :D
Good idea! Might be worth a try! :thumbsup:

i use a big green storage box ,with a lid it holds well over 15 kg ,they use the same ones in the wharehouse where i work :- "

155.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr F said:
i use a big green storage box ,with a lid it holds well over 15 kg ,they use the same ones in the wharehouse where i work  :- "
155.jpg

Yeah something like that would be perfect, easier to store in the garage... shame I don't work in that warehouse :- "

When I worked in kennels all the dry food was kept in plastic bins in the kennel kitchen.

LasVegasNo1 said:
I guess I'll have to get a normal bin then, I just thought those branded dog bins would be cheap as they are always 'giving them away' when you don't want one ;)
Exactly the same thought went through my head when I was looking for one!

I ended up with one from wilkinsons, very cheap, has handles that lock over the top so even my most determined whippet can't get in it :thumbsup:

Back