The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Dog bed recommendation

Oreo

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for a brand of dog bed that is soft and durable.

It can't make a 'rustling' sound as Oreo refuses to sleep in a bed that 'makes noise' (silly dog). :)

We saw one in just for pets last night but at £70 I feel I'd rather do my 'homework' first.

Can anyone recommend a brand of dog beds?

Thanks

I just have a look around pet shops and choose - I think the last one was from Pets at Home, but I do have one that I use for the cats now that was from The Range - they have a good selection of beds for dogs....

Molly has two identical beds, one upstairs and one downstairs. They're Gor Pets ones that have stuffing like a duvet, wrapped in a waterproof layer and then a fleecy layer on top which comes off and goes through the washer. We've also customised them by putting a layer of memory foam inside the waterproof layer so it's extra squidgy (since she's a big dog and isn't getting any younger) and the cats all love her bed and colonise either around her or in the bed that she's not in.

The beds were bought from Jollyes and they were about £35 each 3 (or so) years ago, but they are the largest size that is made, due to Molly liking to sleep in the 'dead dog' position. They've lasted really well too.

I suppose it all depends on whether Oreo is a chewer, what position she likes to sleep in, whether she feels the cold (in which case a bed with sides is a good plan- maybe one of the sheepskin round ones?) and that sort of thing. Molly wouldn't lie in a padded plastic bed even though it was huge.

Then again, I've got a German Shepherd who is scared of stainless steel food bowls, wheelbarrows and hedgehogs. There is no rhyme and reason to these things ;)

not because im tight lol but not paying mega bucks for dog beds so tip for me is get down to the charity shops and get duvets give them a wash and wallop, ma dogs love them as they bury themselves away for hours, get the winter ones and the softness is awesome.

dude has a sleeping bag made out of 'vet bed' for when he's on the boat, its good thick stuff, like sheepskin and can be washed, this was homemade tho.

For work he has a 'scruffs' eco donut bed, that i got very cheap from a factory shop, but i just checked you can get them online. It hasn't got a seperate cover, but i just bung it whole into the machine. Its sort of soft fleecy and silent, gets used outside and allsorts and has lasted well. Also it has sides, but does squash flat for extended lolling. Its is a pretty nasty beige colour tho.

My boys like a duvet as they both like to hide in bed so its argos single duvets and cheap duvet covers for the car and cages that are easy to wash and dry, and they do share a double feather duvet on the leather sofa at bed time!!

Back