The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Does My Whippet Have A Fat Face?

kissi

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all, it's been awhile since I've posted due to the hectic xmas season and having family from the States visit. :)

Today I took Belle, who is now 6.5 months, on a walk. We came across a woman with some sort of terrier and she was asking questions about Belle. Suddenly she says "She's got quite a fat face for a whippet, hasn't she." I was a bit taken back at first, because it's not really something I would ask. No mind, I didn't take offence to it, but then it had me thinking, cause I really don't know if she does or not! (which is what I told the lady, I said for the amount that she eats she should have a fat face :D )

Anyways, I leave it to you, I know alot of you are breeders on here and know what you are talking about. This way if someone asks me again I can tell them :)

Here is Belle, at 6.5 months:

IMG_1647.JPG

belle%206.5%20months.JPG

What an odd thing to say :wacko:

I don't think she has a fat face at all :unsure: I think she's lovely :wub:

she got a gorgeous face :wub: :wub: and not fat!!!! silly woman :angry:

What a weird thing to come out with! :blink:

Looks like a very normal sweet whippety face to me too :thumbsup:

She has a beautiful face, silly lady. Give her a fat lip. (w00t) (w00t) I'm only joking. :lol: :thumbsup:

thanks everyone :)

Gotta say I wouldn't mind if she did have a fat face cause I love her to bits, but that's what I thought too, it was just out of the blue and a bit of a strange question to ask in my opinion. I also thought she still is just a puppy...

Now I know what to say when I see her next. :- "

Nope not fat Id say either. Stupid woman - has she ever seen a proper whippet :clown: :lol: tell her to log onto K9 and see a few more whippets..... :)

a gorgeous face. :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
normal looking pup to me too,and what a gorgeous baby face she is :wub: :wub: :wub:

She is perfectly normal and beautiful :wub:

People say ridiculous comments about Whippets. Holly (who is now nearly a year old) was recently mistaken for a Jack Russell :blink: :blink: :blink: :oops:

jok said:
People say ridiculous comments about Whippets.  Holly (who is now nearly a year old) was recently mistaken for a Jack Russell :blink:   :blink:   :blink:   :oops:

Not as strange as Chloe being mistaken for a whippet though! (w00t)

Awww thanks again everyone :)

People do make some strange comments sometimes tho - a Jack Russell tho? How odd.

Perhaps she should have gone to Specsavers :lol:

rls22 said:
jok said:
People say ridiculous comments about Whippets.  Holly (who is now nearly a year old) was recently mistaken for a Jack Russell :blink:   :blink:   :blink:   :oops:

Not as strange as Chloe being mistaken for a whippet though! (w00t)

Yes forgot that one! Some idiot recently asked if my Dobermann was a Whippet too. :lol: :blink: :oops:

Silly woman its not even slightly fat. shes got a young face cos shes a young dog. I know when were out people have a misconception about whippets and are suprsied there not ugly skinny scelital looking things and are infact beatifull looking dogsinfact there the prittets :wub:

Suddenly she says "She's got quite a fat face for a whippet, hasn't she."
You should have replied "No she hasn't BUT you will have in a minute, any more daft remarks like that" :clown: :p :lol:

Seriously she has a lovely face, a very pretty girlie :wub:

What a thing to say (w00t)

I agree, a normal, beautiful face :* and the rest of her is scrumptious too :wub: :wub:

She's very pretty and no her face isn't fat. Poor lamb, she'll get a complex. Next thing, she'll be asking if her bum looks big when she has her collar on. :- "

Nope - she has a perfect face - not fat at all :wub: In fact very adorable and beautiful.

Mind you, you should hear what some people call the iggies!! Frequently I hear "baby whippets" (my dog is two years old!). One lady in the Post office asked if my four month tiny bitch pup was a "lurcher boy". They've been called 'skinny chihuahuas', "them hairless things" (they both have full fur) and "awww they're too skinny"....

I actually told one guy that Zoomie was a baby kangaroo. :lol: (w00t)

Not fat just lovely. I'm used to the weird comments now.

Back