The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Dead cat in the park

hypercat

Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday I found a dead cat in my local park. It wasn't only dead but the back half of it was missing and all that was left was half a body, 2 front paws and the head. This was about 3.40 pm. It hadn't been there a couple of hours earlier because I had taken my dog out to that area and it was stiff.

My question is would a dog kill a cat and be able to cleanly rip it in half? Would a fox have come out in broad daylight? Never found the back half of the cat - could a dog have eaten it? I am concerned because I have a small cat who goes over there and I wonder if I should inform the police.

Thank you.

I would certainly inform the police,the rspca and the local vets. I would also tell the local newspaper. Someone may well be looking for their lost cat in vain.

There are lot of scumbags and weirdos out there and it may be a human has been involved in some way. Dog fighting bait being one of many of the more nasty possibilities.

Dogs very rarely eat other carnivores. They may well chase and catch a cat and, perhaps, rip it in half. If dogs were involved it may be that one of them ran off with the other half of the poor cat. Foxes have been known to take cats too. Then there is the human element...

I would report it to the RSPCA and let them take it from there.

Report it to the RSPCA.. if you care bare to pick it up , u could take it to the nearest vet for them to check for a microchip . They may decide to inform the police . I would keep my cat inside for now because this may have involved some very sick individuals

Back