The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Dates For Crufts

stephen mason

Registered
Reaction score
Toying with the idea of going to Crufts. Could some kind member tell me the date whippets will be shown and at what time of day?. Also is there a web site where I can access accommodation. Will have to access Easy Jet but I doubt if they fly to B´ham. Suppose Luton is the nearest. Thanking you all, Stephen

Whippets are on Thursday 10 March. Judging usually commences at 09.00 and will go on most of the day. Can't help about accommodation websites though.

[SIZE=21pt]Good Luck at Crufts Everyone [/SIZE]- Ill be looking out for you all on TV. :luck: :luck: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Stephen. I think if you go to http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/ and then choose Crufts, there is an accommodation section. You could also email them via the website to ask about flights.

Make sure you come and meet us all at Crufts, I have no doubt that there will be a K9 gathering of sorts! :cheers:

I would have thought Nottingham East Midlands would be nearer than Luton . Stephen :p

For accomodation , why not put `Coventry` in Google and see what it comes up with . You could then get a train from there straight into the NEC ;)

If you go to the NEC website they've got a brilliant accommodation section, but you will have to hurry else all the local places which are very good and CHEAP will be booked up.

JanF

Thank you all for your help. My sister has voluntered to pick us up at Luton and drive us to NEC. How long will the journey take? In 1998, the last time we went to Crufts, getting into the NEC was chaotic. Any improvements?. Hopefully we will be seeing you on March 10. Regards. Stephen

Janimal1820 said:
... Ill be looking out for you all on TV. :luck:   :luck:   :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:
Since I'm new here and in the UK and haven't been at a dog show yet, pls inform me about showing this on tv.

I will be at the show, but not all 4 days. Would like to see the toy group on Friday, but don't know if this is going to be possible. Saturday is a more possible day.

So the question is about watching most of it on tv... what channel? Is it live all day or do they show bits and parts?

Thanks for the reply... :b

Sorry can't advise with regard to TV query, but would just like to put a good word in for the train. If you're just spectating, getting the train to the NEC is a lot easier than driving. You get off at Birmingham International Station, go up the steps, along the concourse and you are in the NEC. It's is SO easy. It always gets me when I'm walking along the concourse...I can hear the dogs barking, and the adrenalin starts to pump. Just love the dog shows at the NEC :wub:

Thanks anyway. After all, it's still very early and I'm sure that as the days keep getting closer, there will be a lot more to be said about the show.

:)

Back