The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Dandruff!

annlouise

Registered
Reaction score
WHEN MY WHIPPET GETS STRESSED, EVEN IN THE SLIGHTEST, HE COMES OUT IN A MILD FOR OF DANDRUFF BUT ONLY ON HIS BACK NEAR THE REAR END!

DOES ANYONE ELSES POOCH SUFFER FROM SOMETHING SIMILAR?

EVEN WHEN OUT PLAYING, IF ANOTHER DOG APPROACHES HIM THAT HE DOESNT LIKE OR IF A DOG ANNOYS HIM IT WILL PLAY HAVOC WITH HIS COAT.

THE SHORT DISTANCE TO THE BATH WILL CAUSE THE CONFETTI! AND, LITTLE THINGS LIKE BEING HUNGRY AND WAITING FOR TEA TO BE READY!

DESPITE THIS HES ALWAYS HAPPY AND CARRIES ON LIKE NOTHING HAS HAPPENED, AND A LITTLE GENTLE BRUSHING WILL REMOVE IT UNTIL NEXT TIME.

IS THIS NORMAL?

I DID TRY PRIMROSE OIL TABLETS WHICH WORKED AND IT STOPPED FOR A WHILE BUT HAS COME BACK AGAIN.

Yes my Tess gets the same, also when very excited eg racing or if she's seen rabbits, its a lot more obvious on the black ones

OEH said:
Yes my Tess gets the same, also when very excited eg racing or if she's seen rabbits, its a lot more obvious on the black ones

yes, excitement is the word, and it does bug me on his black coat!

altho he has one white hair between his shoulder blades that i love!

try brylcreem Anti-dandruff for men.tiny little piece on your palm,rub between both hands and then massage deep into the skin.dobermanns are prone to this and this was what i always used. :thumbsup:

I'll be buying some tomorrow

I happens to all dogs - more or less. But it's more visible on short-haired breeds, and especially the darker colours. It's caused by stress. The reason is that stress causes increased bloodflow - this cause slightly more "tense" skin(more blood rushing through in the veins) - and any loose or semi-loose piece of skin will come loose and be visible dandruff.

Hope that explanation came out understandable. Haven't explained that in English before *lol* :oops:

Ane said:
I happens to all dogs - more or less. But it's more visible on short-haired breeds, and especially the darker colours. It's caused by stress. The reason is that stress causes increased bloodflow - this cause slightly more "tense" skin(more blood rushing through in the veins) - and any loose or semi-loose piece of skin will come loose and be visible dandruff.
Hope that explanation came out understandable. Haven't explained that in English before *lol*  :oops:

Very clear- thank you :thumbsup:

Back